'Bittersweet' feeling for Rourke following their win over Hamilton

VANCOUVER — The BC Lions recorded their lowest point total of the season, yet still came away with a 17-12 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats to close out Thursday night’s double header.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/22/bittersweet-feeling-for-rourke-following-their-win-over-hamilton/

Had to miss watching this one, sounds like a bit of a yawner to me, but very glad to see my Lions found a way to win. 4-1 can't be too bittersweet, it's sweet enough for my taste buds.

2 Likes

It wasn't the most exciting game but the grinding defensive game is how Hamilton can stay close enough to win at this point.
Hamilton playing around with 4-3, 3-4 on defence was a wrinkle I don't think BC was prepared for and that's where the turnovers happened.

Kinda gotta giggle but Jones sorta revived that look this year because of coverage issues in the secondary. Nice to see some variety on defence other than blitz's.

1 Like

I think Rourke's inexperience is starting to show through.in some of the interceptions he has been throwing. last night...the Bomber game and even the Ottawa game. the decisions seem to be a little slow at time. don't get me wrong he's still making some real nice passes. but he no longer has that "superman" feel.

1 Like

One interception was Rourke’s fault for sure but one was because of a tip. That can’t be put on the QB but rather on the receiver. I think Rourke is doing a terrific job and his lack of experience is nothing to really worry about. The Lion’s have a great team this year and I certainly expect they will be in the playoffs in the Western Division. Maybe Riders will make the cross over, but everything is too early to really say who ranks where. A few more weeks and things will appear more clearly.

2 Likes

Two or three years from now he’ll be a different QB. An error-free version of Rourke will be scary as all heck. :grimacing:

2 Likes

You didn’t watch this one PorkyPine?

Well you missed that amazing UFO flyover that caused Dane Evans to take a costly time count violation. He would later claim to have been probed in the nether regions as well. As proof he showed off his catch-and-release Martian ‘ear tag’ and Alien subspace tracking mechanism.

MarvinAttacks

That was ONE scary Alien. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Had to take my wife for a 9 hour ER visit (she’s fine). Living proof I love her more than football, major brownie points. Though if I’d have known about the UFO I might have asked her to drive herself. Did DaHammer see it? :grin:

2 Likes

We can NEVER unsee it. :grin:

2 Likes

P Pine it was an always on the edge of your seat kinda game. And thank the lord we won as we can’t afford to lose anther game this season. If we take the last couple against the Bombers we should get first In the west.

Glad to hear the wife is OK.

1 Like

UFOS are now called UAPs, Unidentified Aerial Phenomena.

Sorry Mods I had to inform him on the change of terminology

2 Likes

Ha! Highly apt, because of the 2 I’ve seen 1 was a UFO (unidentified flying object) & 1 was a UFO (unidentified floating(hovering) object). Thanks for the clarification. :+1:

1 Like

United Auto Parts must be pinching themselves. :laughing:

UAP… we’re keeping cars, trucks and flying saucers on the road! :smiley:

2 Likes

Many thanks. I figured from the low score it was a defensive struggle which aren’t always the most exciting to watch. After reading more of the comments here it seems I was thankfully wrong & the game was more entertaining than I thought.

It was. You missed a doozy.

But you did the right thing by taking Mrs PorkyPine to the ER for whatever ailed her. I’m sure that she appreciated everything you did and called off the hit that she was planning later to collect on the million dollar insurance policy (the one that pays double in the event of lead poisoning).

Just a heads up though, don’t go anywhere near the big box in your back yard propped up on one side by a stick with a string attached to it. The delicious looking donut placed directly under it is made of plastic. Wait until Mrs PorkyPine puts a REAL pastry under that box before you try to grab it. It’s not worth the risk otherwise. :smiley: :+1:

But it looks so good! :doughnut:

1 Like

Resist PorkyPine!! RESIST!!! :grimacing:

1 Like

Yeah Roarke's tsn hall of fame induction is set back for at least another week.