Bishop

He is on what is known as ‘recallable’ waivers. This means, we put Bishop out, to see if there is any interest in him. If some Team phones and says YES, thhe Argos recall him back, & possibly work out a trade.
It’s a win-win situation for the Argos.

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

Bishop is on "recallable" waivers Glovesave. If any team makes a claim for him, the Argos can then take him off of waivers and broker a deal with any interested parties. Besides, who would want Bishop? Unless, you need a QB to come in and run on short third down gambles or you want to watch a QB who can throw a hundred yards downfield, to nowhere in particular, into triple coverage, hoping a receiver can get open and make the catch. He's just a back-up calibre quarterback in this league!!!

I did not see how Bishop reacted when Joseph scored, but Joseph acted a similar way in Winnipeg in week one when Bishop was in the game.

Stubler from what I understand would like Bishop as his starter. Stubler does not come across as a "Yes Man"..

Dissension of the good ship Argonot?

I love it!

CFL: Argos put Bishop on waivers

July 09, 2008, 10:51 PM

by Sarah Millar

click here

My take on this is that

Toronto might trade Bishop if Adam Rita
can get what he wants in return.

If no trade results, it should serve as
a good warning to Mr. Michael Bishop

that he needs a big attitude adjustment.

Don't know why, just a hunch I guess, but I have a feeling that before the season is over the Argooos will regret shopping Bishop out. Can only hope eh what?

I think this was Pinball giving Bishop a time out for pouting. And now Pinball can say to him "Look, nobody even claimed you off of waivers"

I think you are right…

ok, so tell me, who is it that is GM of the argos again? I didnt think it was pinball.

If not pinball, when why is he getting creditblame for GM actions??

Agreed this has nothing to do with Pinball, this has Adam Rita’s fingerprints all over it. I don’t think Rita has been fond of Bishop all along and were in not for Pinball’s optimism and think Bishop would have been gone long ago.

Will Toronto be looking for another QB? Will we see more QB movement in the next few weeks?

Toronto could get Crandell now as their backup.

I don't think bishop needs the attitude change,after joseph screaming for a trade after being pulled.

I don’t blame Joseph, here’s a guy that comes off an MVP year, leads his team to the Grey Cup and then he has to put up with this crap in Toronto.

The TO papers are reporting that it was Bishop who asked for a trade and Rita accommodated him. However, it was Pinball who felt the team needed to upgrade at QB in the last off-season leading to the trade for KJ.

An Argo-Cat fan