Bishop out 6 to 8 weeks

The Argo website states he broke his wrist and will undergo surgery....

http://www.canoe.ca/Argos/News/2007/07/13/4337357.html

betcha they're glad that they still have damon.we'll see how mcmahon does, this is his chance if not allen is good guy to come off the bench.

That's a real shame! At least they do have a couple of decent back-ups!

I actually feel bad for Bishop. He was doing well...hey when do we play them again?

thats to bad but now we have a better chance of beating them next time we play them :smiley:

6-8 weeks falls right in line with labour day

Too bad for Bishop ... he was having a great game....maybe he was pressing too much trying to prove himself to the Argo nation.... with all the talent around him , he didn't have to press as much as he did . Bet the Argos are glad they still have Damon around

I think their best QB will ultimately turn out to be Eric Crouch who is on the injury list with a bad knee. I know Darren Flutie thought highly of him last year when he got the chance to play.

The Fan590 said that Argos are now in the market for a QB with some CFL experience.

An Argo-Cat fan

Bishop may go down as one of those extremely talented athletes that just couldn't get it all together. It was sad to see him injured last night as watching him fire the ball was fun.

It is his throwing hand to...don't be surprized to find out that it ends up being longer.

I think their best QB will ultimately turn out to be Eric Crouch who is on the injury list with a bad knee. I know Darren Flutie thought highly of him last year when he got the chance to play.
Crouch is as good as Bishop is right now...can run but has no throwing arm.
I think their best QB will ultimately turn out to be Eric Crouch who is on the injury list with a bad knee.
I hope you are kdding BF. Crouch is a terrible quarterback. If he was going to make it, it would have been within the 10 years hes been out of college. The only reason why he was successful in college is because he played for Nebraska and ran the option. Bishop has a rifle and has been impressive so far.

On TV, it looked like a very innocent tackle. He even protected that hand and came up with the ball in the other hand.

As he ran off, it was obviously broken.

He had such a great game. Now I expect to hear second guessing on whether Pinball should have pulled him earlier to protect him. Personally I think he was still in there because he is so young compared to Damon that Pinball forgot that he could be vulnerable too.

I find it funny how the QB of the most hated enemy gets so much sympathy here, while our own gets so brutalised.

This is unfortunate, especially for Michael Bishop, not just the Argos. He has really came into his own late last year and this.
I admit I was one of the doubters that he would ever be able to put all his talent to good use. Somewhere along the line he suddenly became accurate with his throws, which has made all the difference.

But one has to wonder if he will lose a little something off his throws when he comes back. He seems to throw much of the time with just a flick of the wrist and only uses his whole arm when throwing the deep bombs.
I'm sure the docs will make sure his wrist is completely healed before he's allowed back.

Maybe we can start another Tommy Dennison thread for Argos third string QB. :lol:

I would think Rocky Butler would be the most experienced game ready QB available.

Maas for McMahon or Crouch. I like 'em both.

Bishop hasn't flipped the bird at his fans.

Maybe that's why.

His fans?

Or were they spectators that were berating him?

Why would someone flip the bird at their own fans who are supporting him?

argos bringing back kerwin bell

excuse me ....the fans.