bishop is OUT! 6-8 weeks

Canadian Press

7/13/2007 3:29:09 PM

It looks like the Toronto Argonauts will be using their third different starting quarterback in four weeks when they play the Calgary Stampeders in Week 4 of the CFL season.

Quarterback Michael Bishop who threw three touchdown passes before injuring his right wrist in the third quarter last night has a fracture to the distal radius.

He is scheduled to have surgery today and the average recovery time from the injury is 6-8 weeks.

Bishop enjoyed a second straight solid start last night against the Stampeders, completing 18-of-23 passes for 273 yards with two interceptions before suffering the injury while running to the Calgary one-yard line. Backup Mike McMahon finished up

After getting hit, Bishop laid on his back, then got up and ran towards the far sidelines seemingly headed towards the lockerroom before hitting a knee. Argos medical staff quickly began treating him, then led Bishop off the field.

Head Coach Michael "Pinball" Clemons will provide further updates on Bishop's progress and possible return date early next week.

Go McMahon!

Ouch.
My Argos will be hurting without Bishop the star.
McMahon is nowhere close, we will see how he fares.

YOUR Argos? I’m offended.

Yours too Toronto?

Pinball should be slapped for having him in at that point. Guess we’ll see what McMahon can do at whats
sure to be a hostile environment. (for both teams)

LOL

The stadium, right?

Go to McMahon Stadium! (stamps fans)

Go Mike McMahon!

looks like damon will be back in action soon

I agree DG, McMahon didnt look like he is ready to be the #1 QB right now. It will be interesting to see how he does next week if he does start against the Stamps.

mcmahon seems to talk alot but then doesnt back it up on the practice or game field.

Damon Allen is licking his lips,

Wow that is to bad for Bishop he was doing great.

Wow. Bad news for the Argos. Should be interesting to see what happens at QB now. This team can't really catch a break at QB.

I agree, it is kinda ironic though, that McMahon’s first start will be in McMahon.

i thought bishop got away with alot of bad throws...there were alot of throws that shoulda been picks had the opponents held onto the ball.

re-play both games ( i know noone will actually do this tho ), and i think bishop coulda been picked atleast 5 times.

Tough break for the Boatmen :lol:

What happened to Crouch? Is he gone now?

injured and placed on the 9 week injured reserve.

Bishop throws so hard it’s difficult to catch