Biggest trade of all time?

Then Eskimos GM Hugh Campbell ripped off B.C. with a trade for Dunigan and again with the Argos.

like how do you allow a team to trade a QB for all these guys? considering the Esks got Willie Pless that in itself today would be 1 for 1.

the worst trade ever that should never have happened was the trade where the Eskimos got the Running back from Hamilton for basically nothing and then AFTER the season sent Maas to Hamilton,

when Maas should have been traded to Hamilton Right there!

No 2005 Grey Cup for the Esks

Biggest Trade Theirs only ONE. Ottawa trade a small QB to Saskabush. This QB was way way to small, did not have a good arm or generalship on the field. Went on to play for 123 years it seemed like, and broke every QB record in the book.
Question is who were the 2 players ottawa got??? But who really cares. Getting this QB was a steal. THANKS

http://cfl-scrapbook.no-ip.org/Lancaster.Ron.php

This article mentions Ottawa got $500.00 and (provision); not to be traded back to an Eastern Club.

I've got to admit that even as I read the title of the thread I thought of Clements for Brock... then got embarrassed when I was reminded of Etcheverry and Patterson for Faloney and Paquette. JUST before my time but it's got to be the biggest.

As an Als fans, biggest trade of All-time is Hal Patterson & Sam Etcheverry to Hamilton Tiger-Cats in 1960 (I wasn't born but heard about it from my dad).

Etcheverry left for the NFL & Montreal took a decade to recover from that trade !

And Bernie Faloney didn’t report to the Als because Etcheverry went south. . . so we ended up losing Etcheverry and trading the incomparable Hal Patterson and all we got in return was one Don Paquette.

Man that still wrankles. . . and yes, I AM old enough to remember it (wish I didn’t).

And of course the sequel to that one came in 1965, when the Als traded Billy Wayte, Ted Page, Billy Ray Locklin, Dick Walton, and the rights to Don Clark to Hamilton for Ralph Goldston, Jackie Simpson, and Bernie Faloney.

Won a Grey Cup = great trade.

ya but thanks your teams slimy trade the CFL had to change some rules regarding trades.

it’s like they cheated the system.

Then it must have been an even greater trade cause it righted a wrong. The greatest team in CFL history comes through again.

First of all, the trade was NOT against any rules.

Second of all, Wally Buono admitted after the season that he came within a pubic hair of getting Joe Fleming from the Bombers for a player to be named in the off season, so you can’t fault the Esks for trying.

Third, to the best of my knowledge no trade rules have ever changed since then. The league said that it was going to move the trade deadline up to around Labour Day, but never did. Also, if the league ever changed any rules regarding future considerations involving “warm bodies”, I never heard an announcement.

To the best of my knowledge this type of trade can still happen.

I didn’t like that deal at all, but DON’T blame the Esks. The Esks did what they had to do. The Esks did what their RIVALS could easily have done. Blame the league, not the Esks.

someone define "biggest trade".

does it mean most players?
does it mean most stars?
does it mean most lobsided?
does it mean most surprising?

or something else?

Worst trade ever was ahole galat trading away way too much to get dunigan. What the lions got back from toronto was nowhere near as much as they gave away to edmonton.

I remember that as well FYB; at the time it got B.C. to the Grey Cup game in Ottawa (1988) but lost to Winnipeg. The interception by the Blue Bombers comes to mind however.