Big-Name Ti-Cats acquisitions who Fizzled

Good article in the National Post today:

[url=http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/02/22/a-look-back-at-big-name-ticats-acquisitions-who-fizzled-in-hamilton/]http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/02/ ... -hamilton/[/url]

Interesting article. Brought back some bad memories - including the one of Printers actually playing well, finally, but for the wrong team at the wrong time. :x

On the flip side, take a look at a few recent free agent signings that did work out for us: Floyd, R. Williams, J. Johnson, Baggs, Stala. Go back a bit further, McManus and Flutie.

Not every deal pans out. Fingers crossed that this one does.

How about the other way, stunk here and played great after we traded or let them go? Anthony Calvillo !!!!!!!!

Tim Rosenbaugh.

Just another Toronto sports writer looking under rocks everywhere but home starting with the Argos. Actually, it would be a good series to do the whole league in order to see the big picture. It would probably be the same bell curve of disappointment across the league. :oops:

The 2006 season strikes me as the ultimate season of free agent flops..

Jason Maas (after his 2005 WDSF heroics that took Edmonton to the Grey Cup)
Josh Ranek
Corey Holmes
Terry Vaughn (coming off like 10 consecutive 1000 yard seasons, this would end his streak)

Joe Paopao (O.C)

...Yeah..

4-14

You guys sure know how to take the air out of the Andy Fantuz...free agency balloon...if I didn't know better ..I would swear you all were Als fans in disguise!!!????

But since you started this....Kenton Keith....

I really hope this is the last time I have to read an article talking about the bad signings the Cats have made. Not because they haven't happened (they have), but the last three or four off-seasons have seen players come here that have succeeded, not fizzled. Kevin Glenn, Dave Stala, Avon Cobourne, Otis Floyd, Jamall Johnson, Stevie Baggs, Rey Williams and Justin Medlock have all played well with the Ti-Cats, and every one of those players was brought in starting in 2009. The idea that Hamilton has this atrocious signing/trading record doesn't really hold up anymore. Besides, aside from Kenton Keith (and to a lesser extent, Sandro DeAngelis), every one of those acquisitions that fizzled were brought here by a different GM. I might not agree with some of the moves Obie has made in the last six or seven months, but he hits more than he misses. I think it's time we retire this silly notion that players come to Hamilton to die. It's no longer the truth.

" I might not agree with some of the moves Obie has made in the last six or seven months, but he hits more than he misses. I think it's time we retire this silly notion that players come to Hamilton to die. It's no longer the truth."

Here...Here...I totally and completely agree...Some of the sports media sure like to beat up on Hamilton in that area, and, yes. at one time it was justified....not anymore....tired of reading this OLD...OLD news!!!!!