Big Game for our Cats...Friday night

I would say that this game is a 'must' win for our Cats, Friday night against Edmonton, to keep pace with Montreal and Toronto. I'm going to be looking closely at our Defence in this one, as a repeat of last week's performance might spell the end of Creehan.

:oops:

Cheers.

This game could be the turning point for the Cats' season.

This game could be the turning point for the Cats' season
I sure do hope so....Catsfan728699

Yeah it's huge, but not a must win. There are 13 more games after this one.

What I mean (when I say it's a turning point) is that the season could go both ways. If they win, they're 2-3, not great, but getting things going. If they lose, they're 1-4, and possibly falling into the same trap of self-doubt that has dragged down past seasons.

Yes,

I believe this is a must win for the cats. Going 1-4 and winless at home, would be disastrous for the team. They need to play like their season depends on this game, and play 60 minutes of intense football.

I agree with SJRiley. If the defense doesn`t drastically change this week and next. Creehan could be gone.

If the defense doesn`t drastically change this week and next. Creehan could be gone.
I think you hit the nail, right on the head...loyalticatfan. with even a win on Friday for our Cats...I don't think Creehan, will be completely out of the woods. The Cats must get sustained good Defencive play, game in and game out.... With only 1 good game, out of the Defence, so far this season, that does not cut it. And I can't believe that suddenly, guys like Zeke and others are playing that poorly. It has to be the play-calling, coming in from the sidelines. And that's Creehan...plain and simple.

Cheers.

Is it that, or the inneffective pass rush, which, when it breaks down leads to a domino effect that results in a complete breakdown of the entire defence?

It’s not just the pass “rush” (although that is a huge part of it), but also the lack of a push we get on running plays. As I said before, there is no clogging of any holes and our LB’s have too many blocks to fight off to make plays.

Obviously the lack of a pass rush hurts our secondary, but to be brutally honest the opposing QB’s aren’t exactly sitting back there for 5-10 seconds on every play either. Our secondary and LB’s in pass coverage are also not getting the job done. We can’t just pin all the blame on the line but I do agree our problems start there and it needs to be addressed first.

Probably because the receiver's already gotten open and received the pass by the 4- 5 second mark. Seems more like an eternity to me.

We can't just pin all the blame on the line
No, not all the blame, but I'd put most of it there.
Obviously the lack of a pass rush hurts our secondary, but to be brutally honest the opposing QB's aren't exactly sitting back there for 5-10 seconds on every play either.
The yards against Creehan's Defencive sets, is what worries me. The other teams seem to march up the field to the end-zone, almost at will, far to often. That has to change...big time.
Probably because the receiver's already gotten open and received the pass by the 4- 5 second mark. Seems more like an eternity to me.
I agree totally with what your saying, CaptainKirk. But, it's also the lack of adjustments during a game, that drives me nuts. Calgary's Offence picked Gorden's pocket, play after play last game. No adjustments... Without adjusting to what the Offence is doing..."it's going to be a long night" against any Defence, not just our Cats.

Cheers

I can't tell if adjustments were made or not.

Maybe they were, and were just as ineffective. You'd think they would try adjustments after a subpar performance in the first half. Adjustments don't always work.

I can't believe adjustments were not made.

(shrug)

I can't believe adjustments were not made
I don't know for sure ether...CaptianKirk. I'm sure no expert, but I did rewatch the last game, and I didn't see anything that looked like major adjustments in the Defence, to what Calgary was doing. So I guess all we can hope for is that, whatever problem our Defence is having...it gets corrected, and 'real fast', as we are now entering the 5th game of the season.

Cheers

It's an important game for sure but not really a 'must' game yet. Remember, the Peggers are 0-4 and they just lost their starting MLB Simpson for the year. I'd say it's at least as important for the attendance at future IWS games though. Way too many empty seats this year.

An Argo-Cat fan

I'd say it's at least as important for the attendance at future IWS games though. Way too many empty seats this year.
Your right about that...barneyfife1. There has been too many empty seats so far this year. Not a good sign... And I don't think it has anything to do with " the fairweather only fan" ether. I think alot of fans, after 5 years, are just getting feed-up with the same old, same old, and it's starting to show at the gates. I don't believe however, that this years,team is like what a lot of us have had to sit through over the past several season's. I do think with the right coaching, our Cats truly are turning the long awaited corner..... But so far, with Creehan running the Defence, ??? I guess we will find out before to much longer, if it's a coaching problem, or a player personal problem. Much sooner that later...I hope.

Cheers

Barneyfife1 wrote,

It's an important game for sure but not really a 'must' game yet. Remember, the Peggers are 0-4 and they just lost their starting MLB Simpson for the year. I'd say it's at least as important for the attendance at future IWS games though. Way too many empty seats this year.

An Argo-Cat fan

Barney,

To me this is a must win. We can`t be satisfied with mediocrity and just scraping by. Hoping that Winnipeg loses their games. I think Hamilton has the talent to go 500 or one better this year. Based on the previous 4 years. This team needs to start winning now. When you have guys like Printers,Lumsden and a few others, your expected to win some games, not relying on others to fail.

So if we go 1-4 with 13 games remaining, then you give up? The season is lost despite the West dominating the East so far?

I don't think so. It is not a must win. Important, yes. Must, no.

I think the term "must win" is over used.

I agree, enough of this "must win" hype, that is just media dramatics that is long over-used.

Ron Lancaster once said the only games that are must win are the ones where when you lose your season is over.

And I agree with Ron on that one.

Captainkirk wrote,

So if we go 1-4 with 13 games remaining, then you give up? The season is lost despite the West dominating the East so far?

I don't think so. It is not a must win. Important, yes. Must, no.

I think the term "must win" is over used.

First of all, " Must win" is an expression.

Saying it is a must win is not giving up, based on the 4 years previous trends. Starting off the season so poorly and the team putting themselves in the hole. Starting the season O for and etc...

I think that its a very important game for the Cats. They need to win at home. They need to play with more urgency. So ofcourse, Im not giving up, just realizing how important this game is to the teams confidence. I think if they go 1-4 a lot of doubt will set in.