Better, not good enough

nomad is a troll, like the guy who says "zetta" is over-rated.

Probably the same troll...

Actually nomad nailed it

If we had played any other team, we wouldn't have had such an advantage, and could have lost. If you can't finish off drives against teams like Montreal, Saskatchewan, Calgary, etc. they will make you pay. Happy for the big win, but things still need to be fixed.

Agreed :thup:

But they are headed in the right direction---unlike the team down the QEW.

An Argo-Cat fan

They are better and they are good enough.

I think the Cats need to improve their run blocking.The opposition pretty much knows that we will pass every play inside the 20 because our running game is to easy to stop unless Cobb has some super human run .

Well, it's the day after so now I'll add my constructive criticism.

Yes, we left way too many points on the field. While Glenn was good enough today, he had several poorly thrown (under thrown) balls. He seemed to have ample time in the pocket yet made some bad tosses. Maybe it was the wind...I don't know. He also made some nice throws. Hopefully he can sharpen up for the next game. I'm not going to get into a Glenn vs Porter argument. Personally....I think Porter WHEN HE'S HEALTHY, is the better QB but what with his thumb and his knee...he's not the better QB at this time.

I would have liked to see more run plays and more imagination when calling the run plays. I hate watching them try and pound the ball with Cobb through the heart of the line when everyone in the stadium and at home knows that's what they're going to do. Hence...stuffed. Try a bootleg or pitch or end run..something different.

All in all...the defense (and special teams) won this game (like so may other games).

Agreed we are headed in the general direction we want to be going but there are still problem areas and to sluff them off would be a mistake. I don’t believe the biggest problem is QB but it certainly isn’t a strength either. The biggest offensive problem is the OC. The playcalling is terrible. The philosophy is unworkable. If you show little variety you have little hope of success. Keeping the playbook simple is one thing but not attacking all areas of the field is another.

He Made the Right Reeds and Just got rid of the ball Arcording to Marcel
in Interview he did on 900 after the game.

I'd re-title the thread "Better. . . but there is room for improvement".

And there will always be room for improvement. . . no team is perfect.

Even Montreal made some terrible mistakes this year, the only time you'll see close to a perfect game from anybody is a) if 1 team severely outmatches the other b) it's the last few games of the season and teams are at their best.

But my criticism was his throws. The one to Prechae who was double covered in the endzone should have been to his far side away from the defenders. That was almost picked off. He also underthrew one to PR out in the flat.

So yes…the right reads, but the ball was put in the wrongs spot. However, the throws to Bruce were very good. Again…put in an area where only the receiver could make a play on the ball.

QB have bad Throws Danny Mac would 1st to tell you that .
He had more good then bad and no Turnovers.
So I am okay with Glen
I just want better play Calling from our OC

Agreed 100% A few more screen’s Yadda yadda yadda. im not saying I could run a better offence. But I do know our O.C is fairly basic in his play calling! Some people are set in there ways! and it would be ludicrous so heir a new one at this point! So, perhaps ride out this season with Mr basic and upgrade like we did with our D.C!!! Who in your guys opinion is the best or among the best O.C’s in the CFL!?

All this talk about those near picks. That was mostly the receivers fault, ex. Chris Davis tries to jump for it too late, tips it up, luckily the defender thought he was catching that and didn't wait for the pick.

But a better thrown ball hits him in stride and can run up the field.

Why should he be jumping for a ball?

Glenn was throwing into double coverage all nite. Some of his deep throws were off.

The problem is when Glenn tries to force things. That’s when bad things happen. He needs to learn from Porter that if no one is open, run.

Running gets you Killed ask Matt Dunngan…
It okay to move in the pocket
But if there two close throw it away something Glen should teach Porter
Running QB Get Killed …

Running never got Damon Allen killed. Michael Vick also is still alive. Doug Flutie could run as well.

Glenn is the last person to teach Porter about throwing it away. On Labour Day, how many times did Glenn try to force the ball into double coverage?

Chris Shultz said, on the TSN panel this year

that Quinton Porter would 'go splat' meaning get injured
one of these days if he doesn't stop running so much.

Matt Dunigan vigourously opposed Chris' opinion

Matt said, he's a young, inexperienced QB,

he should do like I did for my first 5 years,
put on big shoulder pads and a big face mask,

and run when he gets stuck for something to do.

In other words, when he has taken 3 or 4 seconds
in the pocket and hasn't found someone to pass to.