better luck next year Riders

hey Glenn is a much better QB than Greene.

Glenn was actually doing a fine job when he actually played. he almost won a big game for us in Edmonton one year when he came in with 8 mins to go after Greene got pulled. He got so close!

I personally would have taken Glenn over Greene in a second!

Not arguing there...Glenn is better than Greene was. Glenn should have got a better shot, but staff loved Greene's athletic ability...when he was 100% he was tough to stop, when he was 95% he may as well not play. Glenn leaving is questionable but at least he was a backup. Burris was a starter and did not ask for the moon. That was just plain poor management.

My point had nothing to do with Barrett's coaching ability.

The public numbers quoted anywhere were approx 330k (and still would be the highest contract in franchise history even today), or about exactly what he got in Calgary and A LOT more than Nealon was making.

Oh I remember the quotes.

But I still maintain that if Shivers didn't have such a huge chip on his shoulders, Hopson would have left hgim alone to run the team as he see fit.

It was his confrontational personality that did him in.

I could get into the Tillman stuff too with the player accountability, but that would be a whole other thread.

[quote="prairiedog72"]But I still maintain that if Shivers didn't have such a huge chip on his shoulders, Hopson would have left hgim alone to run the team as he see fit.
quote]

ermm
that is kinda what I said, except with an explanation as to why said chip was there

And if I remember correctly, Burris laughed when he heard that figure and said it was no were even close to that. Those numbers came out when Shivers was trieing to save his but from the backlash he was getting for letting Burris go. Anyway, that's long ago, todays' troubles are consuming enough.