Better lock up Khari

Well…BC just fired Claybrooks as HC.

I suspect that if KJ wants to move back home to BC and work in an unsure ownership situation and work for bat-shit crazy Hervey the opportunity will soon be at hand.

If there is any logical way for Montreal to sign KJ immediately I hope they do it.

Choose wisely KJ.

Knowing Hervey’s history of disregarding rules on things like tampering this poses a real challenge for Montreal in retaining KJ.

I think is just found my #1 target if we don’t keep Slowik as DC.

Agreed. Claybrooks would be a huge upgrade as DC.

Khari as HC and Claybrooks as DC I would be happy with that also.

Claybrooks as DC wouldn’t be a bad idea at all.

But yeah, the danger is here us losing Khari to BC, where his family lives. Get that deal done, Boivin!

To be fair to Boivin he is not the only one who can “get the deal done”.

The timing is awful, the order of things is under water, and KJ is going to have to really want to stay, not to mention a great leap of faith. It takes two (or more) to dance.

So I wouldn’t be in a rush or prone to put all the weight on Boivin at all.

Lock him up .Lock him up . Lock him up .

I think they should chant this at the next game .

That would be cool to see that phrase used for something with a positive tone .

Show his picture then the words lock him up .

Nobody has used that phrase before so I want full credit .

OK Hank01 you get it shown on the screen Sunday + I will get the chant started in the stands…kinda like when our sections would chant lets go Sean Whyte as he warmed up on the sidelines for a kick.

Based on who the GM is in BC, I would not be surprised if Jones does not jump to BC.

He has done well here. If Boivin and the CFL ( or new owner whenever that may be) can make him a decent offer, perhaps he stays to continue working on what he has accomplished so far.

LOL :slight_smile:

Not sure if that’s better or worse than my chant idea … “Don’t let Khari go on safari with those Lions!” :wink:

Ed Hervey fired Khari Jones as the Offensive Coordinator in BC. Now two years later, Hervey is going to re-hire Jone and bump up his responsibilities to include both the OC and the Head Coach? I cannot see that happening. But then, I did not anticipate Hervey throwing DeVone Claybrooks under the bus so soon.

Because the Als have started negotiations with Jones to stay on as the HC, I suspect the Lenkov Brothers have already agreed to become the news owners with the formal announcement being issued once the season is over. During those discussions, it would seem reasonable that Patrick Boivin shared with Jones the team’s plan on who will be the GM next year. Otherwise, Jones would not know all the pieces needed to make an informed decision.

BC ownership isnt exactly stable.
Who ever is in charge wen the time comes. The league or a new Ownership group.
Of the Big 3 cities only Montreal is gaining fan support again.
The League needs to start somewhere.
Cause in BC & Toronto.
Fanbase has crashed and burned.
Lock up KJ. and include a house to move his family to montreal with him.

I do know that Maciocia and Jones had a dinner together last week or 2 week ago

I’d forgotten that Jones was fired from BC. We’ll have to see.

Because the Als have started negotiations with Jones to stay on as the HC, I suspect the Lenkov Brothers have already agreed to become the news owners with the formal announcement being issued once the season is over. During those discussions, it would seem reasonable that Patrick Boivin shared with Jones the team's plan on who will be the GM next year. Otherwise, Jones would not know all the pieces needed to make an informed decision.
I hope you're right. Maybe they're waiting until the Als' season is over before making formal announcements? I'm so sick of the waiting, just like everyone else! ;D

Was it dinner and dancing or just dinner? Because we know Danny likes to dance.

Bottom line, we can speculate, voice our opinions, but we’re just going to have to suck it up, wait, and hope for the best.

You mean WE don’t get to pick

:o :frowning: :’(

KJ loves to dance too. In fact he does much more dancing than DM ever did. But Danny didn’t have much style to his. Just unbridled joy.

Like Phoebe in Friends did…run like a child runs. Or as Guy Clark sang …“Dance like no-one is watching”. or was it John Prine?

Question: Is it widely accepted that they had dinner together? if so that could be quite telling.

Personal knowledge or are there sources?

Not challenging, just curious.

We Have a Dance Off !