Best young QB here in a long, long, long time.

Porter looks like the best young qb we've had here in years.
This guy here is so composed for a first year player, it's uncanny. With mostly first year receivers, a revamped O-line and many a good rb out with injuries, Porter got the whole offence to raise their game. A real competitor, very intelligent, and a real knack to find his receivers, this guys got it all.
When training camp ended, who would have thought...... :cowboy:

Remember Kevin Eakin?

I still need to see him play a few more games before im convinced, lets take some of that printers money and buy a defense.

Its all about budget. Printers makes CFL starter money and Porter makes rookie money. Ticats don't need to dump Casey to field a proper defense.

I don't want to put any unrealistic expectations or pressure on the guy, but man, that was an impressive performance.

That was as fun a game to be at as I've seen in a long time. And, I posted before that I wasn't overly thrilled about heading down there. Boy, am I glad I did.

That was a pretty good showing of CFL football all 'round. Haven't seen an air-show like that since the Flutie/ Mac days.

Porter sure shows a lot of poise back there...and he can feather the ball up there with the best of them. Sure made for some nervous moments -- on a few of those throws, just based on velocity, I was assuming interception. But, they were well placed, and the receivers -- namely PRod - were up for the challenge.

Good crowd, too. I was expecting something bordering on 'friends and family', but we figured it around 16,000. Solid, in our books. Crowd was a bit more subdued, but I'm sure the awe of the whole situation contributed to that.

Let’s see what happens when teams have film on what Porter does… And Montreal is the best team at making adjustments to make sure a team doesn’t take advantage of weakness again. So if Porter does it again next week, I’ll be impressed with the new offensive playbook and Porter’s play.

Very impressive and also entertaining as well. Still, one game isn't enough to convince me. Four more games this season--sort of his live-fire audition for the 2009 starter's job.

An Argo-Cat fan

I'm not sure what Porter and the offence did is easily defensible any more than stopping AC and the Montreal offence is easily defensible. If you get the ball away quickly to your receivers it's not an easy thing to stop. And next week the Cats should have the extra threat of Keith coming out of the backfield. Not saying the Cats are going to win, but if they come out with a similar offensive scheme, I expect another shootout. Team who has the ball at the end of the game wins. :lol:

Next game is on the road…If he can throw 400 yards two weeks in a row or even 300 with a couple TD’s and one interception of less then they may have something at this point he has a 114 QB rating that is Dave Dickenson in his prime type numbers so fans should be cautious in their expectations, in fairness to Quinton.

On a side note his play so far explains for me why Ticats couldn’t be bothered with Chris Leak.

What an impressive home start for Porters. He looked real good!! He looked like a young D-Mac out there. I think he could be our starter for next season and I sure hope they start him next week. He deserves the start!!

I agree. I’m definitely not expecting anything close to this next week in Montreal. No way. But regardless, this is solid. Gives the whole team a reason to be optimistic.

So I was able to take in some of training camp and was impressed with his raw talent and loved his size. I still recall the fire he brought in the preseason game against TO in TO.

A lot of people have been questioning OB re: what talent he has brought here. I think it is safe to say there is talent there that needs a little more game experience. I would still like to see some tweaking on the O & D lines. Aside from this I really like the young talent we have.

Very talented kid. Kudos to Rob Katz for putting him on the negotiation list. :wink:

Didn’t realize he was a negotiation list player? How do you find out who are on the list?

Funny what a week does… one team makes positive adjustments to correct the gaps from a week ago to win and the other seems to think running the same thing for 2 weeks in a row would work again… sure it may work against some teams but no the Als.

Don’t get me wrong, Porter has some skills but he’s one person on a team that needs a lot of help both on and off the field. Here’s to another long off-season of hope.

Funny what a week does… one team makes positive adjustments to correct the gaps from a week ago to win and the other seems to think running the same thing for 2 weeks in a row would work again… sure it may work against some teams but no the Als.

Don’t get me wrong, Porter has some skills but he’s one person on a team that needs a lot of help both on and off the field. Here’s to another long off-season of hope.