Best Wine With Turkey

I thought there was a "What are you drinking?" thread, but I didn't see one.

We made pork shnitzel for the 1st time tonight....I picked up a few german beers I never buy (Paullaner weissbier) they were good, but I also got a bottle of Chardonay (Mer Soliel Silver) more for the wife, but I also wanted to give Chard another go because its highly recommended with Poultry and I'm thinking about 2 weeks from now.
Anyways, I still didn't like it. 1stfew sips before I started doing anythig were actually not bad. But then I had the beer & supper, and tried a glass....yuk.

I normally like a Pinot Grigio with a good summer pasta dish, and thats probably what I normally pick up for thanksgiving/Xmas. I'm looking to try something different though. Any winos out there?

3 Likes

It's called Single Malt Scotch

2 Likes

That is a weekly staple in my family. :smile:

Usually anybody with Balkan or German heritage eats schnitzel regularly.

1 Like

Wine is such a complex hobby. We do wine tasting tours in the Niagara area and the tastings are very subjective in our group. Some people like reds, some like them oakey, some sweet and some full bodied.

With so many tastes it's really hard to suggest something.

2 Likes

What would you suggest for me, given what I wrote? Santa Margareta is one we always get & like....but I wanted to try something besides Pino Grig.

1 Like

Agreed. I never drink white wine so I got nothing. A fan of full bodied reds myself, especially Australian Shiraz.

3 Likes

It turned out pretty good, but the oil was maybe a little too hot. had it with mashed pot & asparagus.

1 Like

OK, so Shiraz I've been gettin into for sure over the past year....was always a cab guy with red sauce, but now liking the "velvetness" of shiraz with a steak or something.
But would you have that for XMas dinner too?

1 Like

I don't think I'm a great sipper though, and $$ bottles are kinda wasted on me lol. Plus Scotch gets me pretty dam drunk (as I said, I'm not a sipper!)

1 Like

Yes I would. It’s my favorite wine and to me nothing can match the depth of taste of an Australian Shiraz. The best wine no doubt with a steak. I also like very much Cabs and Merlots and many blends which has been the trend for some time now. I also like almost all other Australian red wines and others mainly from South Africa, France, Canada and the US. I am always trying new ones.

I’m certainly not an expert but before he passed my father taught me a lot about wines and he made his own for decades. He also taught me not to be a snob and that what others think about wines is irrelevant. Everyone has different tastes and there is nothing wrong with consuming what you like, even though it’s always good to try new flavours.

4 Likes

So, my single mat comment was tongue in cheek...but a really good red wine for turkey is Pinot Noir
YES...a red wine for turkey...try it, it works

2 Likes

I think I'm a traditionalist in that sence, I like white with pasta/poultry and red with redmeat/sauce

I will drink red wine with any meal, even meals such as poultry and fish that are “supposed” to be consumed with a white wine.

1 Like

I've had/liked the 19 crimes shiraz, but never really liked carnivore
Lindman's is a big seller, don't really recall how I liked it though.
Any to recommend?

You must drink red wine with spaghetti. No?

Try a Pinot noir... Have a bottle of white on stand by but I can say you for sure will like it... Have I ever steered you wrong with food and booze ... Case closed.

For sure, was always cab, but like I said over the past couple years liking more varities

1 Like

LOL, you got me. I'll look into one. :grinning:

1 Like

My favourite kind of wine is beer.

3 Likes

LOL, my kinda guy....I like a glass, but thats it. Always a beer (or 4) before & after the meal.

1 Like