Best way to Honour Ron

The best way for the fans of the Tiger-Cats and the CFL to honour Ron Lancaster is to fill the stands tomorrow night and be there for him and the CFL as it honours it greats with the Hall of Fame game.

They say the one of the best feelings in playing football is to walk out onto the field with a full crowd cheering.

Please try and give Ron this respect.

How about we dust off the Lanc for a tribute fly-past?

The best way for the fans of the Tiger-Cats and the CFL to honour Ron Lancaster is to fill the stands tomorrow night and be there for him and the CFL as it honours it greats with the Hall of Fame game
How about we dust off the Lanc for a tribute fly-past?
You guys read my mind.

Well, that, and I hope that the players on BOTH teams play with pride and respect tommorrow night. They should appreaciate how much fans feel for a guy that dedicated himself to the game and gave so much. Tommorrow night would be a bad night for fights after the play between players and nonsense like that is what I mean.

I think those are great ideas and I really hope everyone does wear black in honour of Ron. I will be.

How about un-blacking-out the game, so those of us who wish to be there BUT CANNOT will be able to watch it?

Tell Bob and Mitchell to get on the phone to CWH ASAP :thup: A Lancaster fly by for our little General

I will be sad if this game remains blacked out for those unable to attend. I think flying the Lancaster Bomber would be a fitting tribute to a very special man and everyone should see that.

Lift the blackout and fly the Lanc so that everybody will see the tributes to Ron Lancaster from TSN.

Put on you Best Black Clothes and Come to The Game
Ron Loved Football that Best Way to Honor Him.
Support the League He Loved..

Players adorn a patch #23RL or a sticker on their helmets.

A video tribute to Ron Lancaster that would be displayed on the TigerVision is something I would like to see. But I am not sure if those who would put together such a video tribute would be able to do so on such short notice. There will at least be a moment of silence, I'm sure. And I am sure that IWS will not be the only stadium where there will be a moment of silence, as was the case after Bob Ackles passed away. And the Ticats may certainly not be the only team to have an "RL" patch, as the Riders would likely do so as well.

On this Hall of Fame Game, this hall-of-famer will have a tribute paid to him. There may be a large attendance at IWS for this, and that I'm sure, is something Ron would have wanted.

Ronnie in Ottawa 1960

I will be taking Donations in Ron Lancasters Name tomorrow at the (CFLFFC) CFL FANS FIGHT CANCER tailgate. http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com/forum/index.php .

[b]All proceeds are Welcome,

Look for The Flag.[/b]

EDIT too much wine on a sad day

i think all of those who cant make it agree with you .... im a season ticket holder and i cant make it so i want to be able to tape it and watch it later ... the blackout is crap to begin with especially this game ... it would be like blacking out the labourday game

All the tames are archived on the TSN website where you can watch them later.

A flyover by the Lancaster might be a logistical problem with sunset around 19h20 (7:20). Might be better left for the game against the Als in October.

I am sure the club will come up with something fitting, even on such short notice. God Bless Ronnie.

I HOPE BOB YOUNG MAKES A TROPHY DEDICATED TO THE LITTLE GENERAL!!! AND IS TAKEN ON WITH THE CFL AND IT’S A PERMANENT FIXTURE!!!

Thats sounds good to me. Maybe an award that has something to do with the quarterbacks. Like a trophy that is awarded to the most outstanding CFL Quarterback every season. Or a trophy to the quarterback with the most passing yards or the QB with the most throwing touchdowns.

It would be like the NHL’s Rocket Richard trophy that is awarded to the leagues highest scorer.

Great idea!

And it should be a little statue of good old number 23.