Best thing for the CFL to have the Bombers and Riders in GC?

Sorry, but you are the fool. I will be laughing when The Regina Renegades beat the crap out of the Bombers. Too bad they didn't break Glenn's other arm too. Ha, ha, ha what's the new guy's name, Dinwiennie ?

Nice try, but look at a map. Winnipeg is nowhere near the east.

I think this is the greatest match up in years. I'm absolutely jacked, I haven't been this excited in a long while. I feel like a little kid, not just because of my team goin to the Cup but because the Banjo Bowl is taking centre stage.

I think any GC involving the Riders is awesome for the CFL because they are the best fans in football, but to have my Bombers in there to is just phenomenal.

I don't buy the West-West argument. Winnipeg is known as the "Bullseye of the Dominion" as they are Longitudinally, the middle of Canada - so they can do whatever. I don't buy the TO not in there argument - the majority of people wouldn't care anyway. This is the best match up, I can't wait.

Go Bombers!

Ottawa_Rough_Riders and cflisthebest, can you guys please leave the name-calling and cursing out of the discussion? It's unnecessary.

My apologies.

Take a look at a map yourself. Winnipeg is as close to the eastern extremity of Canada as it is to the western. Just WEST of Winnipeg on the Transcanada is a sign indicating the longitudinal center of Canada. That would place Winnipeg in the eastern half of Canada.

Here's a link on Wikipedia to support my statement:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Manitoba

Not if you measure from the most eastern tip of Newfoundland to Winnipeg. Visually you can see that Winnipeg is in the west.Take a look at the Map in Google.

I consider Winnipeg as east based on its proximity to Ontario..more east than west anyway. It just takes sometime to get out of Ontario when you're leaving the horseshoe but once you've hit the border, then you're almost there. It's a nice town, save for the mosquitoes.

It is not the league's fault that the 'eastern' teams as you define them geographically weren't talented enough to make the Grey Cup, there was no law that said the Bombers had to be in the big game this year. If Winnipeg and Saskatchewan just happen to prove themselves to be the qualifying teams from their respective divisions, then they should be both in the GC.

To (mis)quote Grampa Simpson, "I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Newfinlann!"

I don't buy the TO not in there argument - the majority of people wouldn't care anyway.

I agree jaws. Also, the way I look at it, all the CFL needs is for Toronto to have a team that is average on the field and in attendance, just enough to keep on going, for the rest of Canada to keep enjoying the CFL where the CFL cities have a higher percentage of the population in these cities compared with Toronto that really takes the CFL to heart. Not a bash towards Toronto, we understand that with so much going on there and the fixation of a large part of the population there to be fixated on American things, that the CFL will never be a real big deal.

If Ottawa could actually support a team once in a while then Winnipeg would be in the West.

by far the worst comments ever on this forum and look who it is from a city that has lost there team twice and is on the 3rd crack at it and in 4 yrs they'll be on there 4th and 5th crack

Sorry, but you are the fool. I will be laughing when The Regina Renegades beat the crap out of the Bombers. Too bad they didn't break Glenn's other arm too. Ha, ha, ha what's the new guy's name, Dinwiennie ?
[/quote]

Is this the extent of your retort? What's the matter with someone when they wish such evil things on someone else? You worry me! How can another Canadian think and then say something this nasty? What did Kevin ever do to you?

Vitriol doesn't look good on anyone -- least of all you! It makes you sound petty and inarticulate. Canadians represent all of us whether they are from the East or the West. I hope that this was just your clumsy, crude attempt at humour and not indicative of your real nature.

No wonder your City lost it’s team with ******** like you!

Way to be mature, scotsman.