Best start - EVER

From http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/ ... 2bb9608926

The team has not had a 5-0 record since the Regina Roughriders were renamed the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 1948. The franchise was formed as the Regina Rugby Club in 1912. The name was changed to Regina Roughriders in 1924.

Since the franchise's inception, it has been 4-0 in 1913, 1915, 1921, 1922, 1930, 1935, 1938, 1969 and 1970.

The team has been 5-0 or better on four occasions, most recently 74 years ago. It finished 5-0 in 1919 and 1931, and 6-0 in 1928 and 1934.

So if they can pull off another miracle next week it will be there best start ever in team history

edited - if you read the article it was 74 years ago that the Riders last started at 5-0 and have never gone 6-0

Now the Riders are in uncharted territory. This is there best ever start

edited - refer to nythril's post below

anyone know which team has the best undefeated record??

Since your not a rider fan your trolling and flaming in the Rider Fan section - Get lost and read the Rules Furniture

SECOND AMENDMENT

1. The individual team forums are 'safe havens' for the fans of that team and are off-limits for trash-talk from fans of other teams. Take it to the main forum or it will be deleted, or worse, your post will be edited to make you look silly.

I believe the 48 stamps finished the season undefeated.

Wow there's a rule for that?? Lol awesome! :lol:

how many games were played in '48?

12 if I remember correctly.

Where is Arius? Nothing to say on this thread. What a surprise. He is to busy kicking ET about cap. Nothing to say about 5 and 0 Riders. Every time Riders win Arius says nothing after game. Bet this happens. If Riders lose. Get beat by Calgary on Saturday. Arius will tell us how bad Crandall played.

Oh shut up.

This stupid "Tillman/Shivers" battle and the ridiculous childish jabs thrown around by certain people is brutal. People come and open a thread, hoping to find something INTELLIGENT to read, and instead find absolute garbage.

Seriously...if the people involved in this juvenile behaviour really have the need to carry on this circular argument, TAKE IT TO MESSAGING so the rest of the world doesn't have to read how infantile you can be.

Let's hope people get the message this time.

I agree with jm on this one, you can make a point without taking a shot at someone else.

I posted elsewhere about the great start--likely before you did. So grow up.

You name call Jim Hopson. Over and over and over. Dont play the victim. You punch here. Punch there. To use Dusts words taking shots you take more shots than any one on here. You think it is ok for you to hack on the ice. But no one can hack Arius. You need to grow up.

Shut up.

i've known jim Hopson for over 30 years. He wasn't the crispest chip in the bag then and nothing has changed.

Anyway, regarding me posting about the great start, how about this, posted a week before this thread started. Look familiar?

AriusReturns Post subject: Posted: Jul 22, 2008 - 12:48 AM

Just so we can get some perspective on what being 4-0 means:

Quote:
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have a 4-0 record for only the third time in the team's modern history.

Quote:
The team has not had a 5-0 record since the Regina Roughriders were renamed the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 1948. The franchise was formed as the Regina Rugby Club in 1912. The name was changed to Regina Roughriders in 1924.

Since the franchise's inception, it has been 4-0 in 1913, 1915, 1921, 1922, 1930, 1935, 1938, 1969 and 1970.

The team has been 5-0 or better on four occasions, most recently 74 years ago. It finished 5-0 in 1919 and 1931, and 6-0 in 1928 and 1934.

Information for this item was gleaned from Edward Yuen's 2002 statistical history, 92 Years of Roughrider Football.

So why do I need to prove anything to you, by posting on a thread that was started by re-posting something I already posted?
Riddle me that!

TAKE IT TO PRIVATE MESSAGING, PEOPLE!

oh great your over hear now telling people how to post :roll:

...ever followed the history between those two? I have...I moderate all this crap, and have dealt with it for some time, and have had numerous complaints from others about it. Telling people how to post, and telling them to take it to messaging, where attacks and pettiness belong, are two entirely different things. I suggest you get the chip off your shoulder, and quit making me the scapegoat for your inability to read the guidelines and be subsequently reprimanded for it...

Back to topic, people.

No don't know the history, okay back to topic, and please Jim let some of us express our OWN opinions.

...it's jm...not Jim. There's nothing even remotely "Jim" about me, thankfully.