BEST RUNNING BACK OF ALL TIME

YOUR the owner of CFL team.Have good team& great QB.
You have first draft choice for running back from past or present.
you will own team ONLY 2 years, &want the cup badly.
Who would you select from cfl players as your running back?
Today’s game is fast with lot’s of passing.

IDEAS…VIc washington,George dixson,Willy fleming,Leo lewis,lovell coleman,Mike pringle,George read etc…

GOOD LUCK !       :idea:

Hmm this thread could start a few arguments…But here goes,

Mike Pringle and George Reed No thought, just looking at the top two all time rushers. When one gets tired…throw in the other one.

Vic Washington, Bo Scott, Ronnie Stewart, Art Green, Bill Symons, Leon McQuay.

I was going to pick McQuay, but I remember the Grey Cup fumble…

Oooohh back in time, was it Toronto Vs Calgary? Grey Cup Vancouver?

Wheres Elmer?..he’d have the stat to confirm if I’m thinking the right teams and play…

Tornto vs. Calgary, Empire stadium, 1971. I laughed so much I cried.

Lawrence Philipps.

Without a doubt I would take Jim Germany ex of the Eskimos.
I remember the last year of their 5 cup run. Germany was injured for the first 4 games, all Edmonton losses. Once he came back they never lost another game. Jim Germany must have had 3 testicles.

It would be pretty hard to argue against Mike Pringle, and I don’t even like the guy.

Leo Lewis in Bud Grants day with the Bombers…NOBODY could touch this guy…George Reed…Ronnie Stewart…Lovell Coleman…George Dixon…and of course Charles Roberts…Mike Pringle…I don’t think anyone would pass on any one of these guys for their team …what alot of CFL talent…present and past. :!:

Pringle slowed down a step in his last couple years with the Esks, but when he was in his prime, he was GOOD. I’d choose Pringle.

And to be honest I never saw Reed play, so I can’t really compare…

Lewis was a half-back, receiver and you name it… he could do it all. for the Bombers…nobody has ever impressed me, as much over the years in the backfield…cept maybe George Reed…Johnny Bright for the esks. They were something to see. :!:

Yeah, George Reed was a gooder.

Willard Reaves , Pinball, The giz on kick returns

Without a doubt I would take Jim Germany ex of the Eskimos. I remember the last year of their 5 cup run. Germany was injured for the first 4 games, all Edmonton losses. Once he came back they never lost another game. Jim Germany must have had 3 testicles.
I would have added jim's name but forgot it. Thanks
Hmm this thread could start a few arguments......But here goes,

Mike Pringle and George Reed No thought, just looking at the top two all time rushers. When one gets tired…throw in the other one.

Hard to argue against that?

Reggie Taylor

mike pringle but not last years model

George Reed, hands down the best there ever was!

Don’t forget Willie Burden for the Stamps and Mini Mac Heron for the Bombers. I’d have to say that George Reed probably had the most impact for his team when it came to winning games.