Best QB In The East?

If Masoli craps out or is hurt again do you think Arbuckle could still make OTT competitive ?

Yes. As a regular starter.

1 Like

Donā€™t kid yourself I think Masoli is the best of a bad bunch but with Lapo gone and Khari in Masoli could go back to being the turnover machine he was here at times.

Straight to the point answer is No with a capital ā€˜Nā€™ .

Iā€™m sure that Nick is a good guy and all in general but one thing I donā€™t think he is is a capable every down adequate number # 1 QB .

1 Like

Not sure OTT can make him better. Masoli had every advantage here especially two head coaches that loved him and a tailor made offense for him with June Jones with mixed results at best. He may have already peaked.

3 Likes

I just think its cool theres Nick Arbuckle fans,

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure BLM has never hit the uprights twice in one game. Thatā€™s a stat I hope to never witness again. JM could be so frustrating - Iā€™m not going to miss that.

2 Likes

Plenty of dismissal of Chad Kelly on this page so far. Off-field nonsense aside, he was the belle of the ball coming out of college. He has all the tools and all the confidence you need to be successful. Heā€™s old enough to have learned some things about the game and young and healthy enough to be considered about to peak. If 2022ā€™s lack of negative headlines was an indication that heā€™s matured and can be a pro I think he has way more upside than Fajardo and just may out-youth and out-health Bo and Soli.

I hope Iā€™m wrong.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s dismissal so much as there is no sample size on him at a pro level. There has been endless hype, and Argos had several opportunities to bring him into games last year when MBT struggled during games and never really did. Only saw him play in preseason, the last meaningless game against the Alouettes and a couple
minutes in the Grey Cup. He does have the physical tools by all accounts as you described. I expect some success but some uneven play over the course of a full season, as he faces different defences and teams get game tape on him. Maybe a younger more mobile version of MBT.

4 Likes

I think it is cool we have another dad on here posting

3 Likes

I think that we should take this one step further and perhaps discuss who in the East has the best 2nd string QB just in case the 1rst stringer goes down with an injury for an extended period of time .

Here are your choices based on the current rosters as of right now .
Subject to change naturally before or during the season . The way they are listed is also the way I would personally rank them .

Hamilton......Matt Shiltz
Ottawa..........Nick Arbuckle
Montreal.......Caleb Evans
Toronto.........Ben Holmes

1 Like

TOR signed two more QBs this week.

So theyā€™ll go on the ā€¦ā€œBest 3rd & 4th string QBā€™s in the Eastā€ list .

2 Likes

Its gonna be a wild competition.

It will be as wild as a caveman , but then again you can never have enough Geico insurance on the team .

Arbuckle
Shiltz
C. Evans
Whoever Toronto slots in.

1 Like

I think that it will be pretty much agreed on that the top two on this current list are Shiltz / Arbuckle slotted in at the number 1 and/or 2 position depending on which one of the two anybody likes or prefers over the other .

1 Like

Overall team performance and injuries will have their effect, but my guess on who'll be the East Division All-Star QB is Masoli.
I see picking the top starter, and the top back-up, as both being tough choices, at this point in the off-season, but both being between the TiCats' and the RedBlacks' QBs. Shiltz is my pick.

4 Likes

Mitchell:

2 x Grey Cup Champion & 2x CFL most outstanding player

If there were awards and trophies for playing your heart outā€¦