Best-of-three Grey Cup series!

no

2 Likes

yes

The status quo people have had more than enough opportunities to prove their ideas work, and they failed.

To make field goals harder, the posts on each end of the field should be moved back 5 more yards each. This means the crossbar would be parallel and five yards behind the goal line. This means the extra point option would scrimmage from the 20 yard line rather than the 25. The extra point would still be a 32 yarder.

When you had a similar idea to this previously I suggested they also add a windmill or swinging hammer a la mini golf. That would make field goals even harder.

2 Likes

Two yard end zones and shaped like an inverted rectangle…except of Saturdays when it will be a triangle and 9 foot circle on play off games after 3PM eastern

With a basket ball type rule of only1.27 seconds in the key

In the old days the the east had a teo game total point series. It was interesting

2 Likes

That’s dumb. One division has the combined score of two while the other does not.

That was I believe
before the cross over format and it worked. The league has survived Ottawa packing it in twice and Montreal once but if Baltimore hadn’t thrown in the towel south of the border and moved
north, I believe Mtl would still be without a team. But it all boils down to attendance and looking at those empty stands in the eastern games ???. So who bails next ? You can’t run a team with a plus $5,000,000 budget with less than 20,000 attendance. I’m hoping the eastern teams survive as it’s a great for the league and the nation. being realistic however, if they get down to two teams then the only real option is to form one league.

Those Argos - Cats
two total point games were very exciting.
I lived in the west in those years and those games were watched by many out there. It was a whole week of tension that put the league in the forefront of sports.

1 Like

I would be in much favor of having Grey Cup to two game point total so that their home fans get a chance to watch their own team in the Championship series. 8 quarters and total points. Hosting a Grey Cup in neutral site have its purpose but it’s time for teams to make money by hosting a Grey Cup for both teams without any home field advantage by having a 2-game series. CFL is in need of serious money-making and I think that Grey Cup 2 games series will help both teams and give other teams motivation to make their roster better.

Still like the Grey Cup to be hosted by the team with the better record.

But can’t see it happening anytime soon.

I’m not in favour of a two game Grey Cup (although not for competitive reasons as much) and can’t see it happening due to the logistical impossibility of setting up a Grey Cup game on one week’s notice. The loss of revenue to the league would be astronomical.

The Grey Cup game takes a year or more of planning by the host city. Everything from added seating, city bylaws, hotel rooms, transportation, special events, ticket sales and much more must be planned to a tee. This was discussed in detail in another thread last fall which you probably didn’t see. There is also no way that people who wish to attend the Grey Cup can do so on one week’s notice, especially with our not yet post Covid airline system.

I see the attraction to the idea but it would bankrupt the league. I am sure you won’t see the NFL announcing the Super Bowl venue or FIFA announcing the World Cup venue or the IOC announcing the Olympic venue one week before it is to be held.

Well if it’s ‘best of three’ and we already won the last two… does that mean we automatically win the third Grey Cup also? If that’s the case, I’d like to nominate ‘Guy who’s not on the team yet’ as our ‘Grey Cup Most Outstanding Player’. His name keeps coming up.

1 Like

Brilliant Maaax!

Let’s call Randy and point this out to him. I’ll make other plans for upcoming weekend evenings and look forward to the start of the NFL season.

1 Like

Cue the confetti drop!!! :partying_face: :boom: :beer: :beaver:

1 Like

Absolute shite idea

I can't get over the combined score playoff over two and only two games. I can't figure out why that would have ever been historically desired.

What if game 1 is a blow-out? Game 2 would be lackluster and something most people would say the heck with it because the margin is too great to overcome.

At least with a best of three series, each game score goes back to zero like a volleyball set. The drawback is the third game gets cancelled if one of the teams sweeps the other.

Overall I'd prefer the best of three instead of two games with a combined score because it's the lesser of two evils.

Shows how little you actually know . That 1986 two game total point series saw the Argos up by a 26 pt margin early in the first half of that 2nd game . So with your way of thinking I guess you would figure big lead , blow out , game over , right ? Well guess again because the Cats came back to overcome that 26 pt deficit and ended up winning the series by a two game final score of 59-56 .

It was the east playoff format that was a two game total point final to see who went to the Cup… not a two game GC