Best O-line in the league?

ZERO chance they beat that record.

And don't forget we also have Peter Dyakowski. :wink:

There always a Chance but it slim…I’ll admit…

This was true when we had the threat of the QB taking off on the read-option play.
Once Porter took over the pass blocking seemed to improve (aside from the BC game) and the run blocking disappeared.

To answer my own question, Montreal allowed 68 sacks in '07 under Bellefeuille, and 22 in '08 under Milanovich. Hamilton allowed 49 in '07 under Working, and 67 in '08 under Bellefeuille.

Milanovich didnt call one play last year

I like the additions to the O-line this year. Last year the Cats were really weak at both tackle positions, the team definitely upgraded this off-season. When Gagne-Marcoux went down last year it exposed a lack of depth in the interior due to the ratio and Hudson has been injured a lot in the last couple of years. I noticed during the preseason last year they were giving snaps to Gagne-Marcoux and Hudson at centre which is a good idea for depth and versatility. Dyakowski in 2008 was still a work in progress and I have no idea what to expect from Bekasiak but they both have the size to play tackle. If I was Obie I would still draft two offensive linemen especially Rottier and Morenice.

Dyakowski and Bekasiak may have the size, but I’m less sure about the talent. Maybe RT, and having Gauthier would help mentor them into the position. Drafting Rottier and mentoring him behind Goodspeed could be an excellent long-term move.

One can hope Zac Carlson will be there with the 17th overall pick, unless we snap him up 3rd overall.

There’s also a chance the record for 100 pts in an NBA game gets broken… but no.

I can't figure out why it always has to be "now we are the best". As far as I can see there will be improvement, but 2-3 are returning from the worst Oline in the league.

At this point this all means squat. While the Oline was pretty bad last year, there were other factors too...the Cats had an indecisive QB who bounced around and in and out of the pocket and who was hard to block for. You had probably the most vanilla playbook in the league. Inexperienced wide receivers who didn't know what to do when the QB was in trouble....there were lots of issues, not just the line, or Casey or the playbook...it was the system.

In 07, the Als had the worst Oline in the league...add Parrett and Bourque, a new quick release offense and suddenly Chui and Lambert are All stars again. With Gauthier and Goodspeed it could happen here too. The only thing is that unless the Coaches understand that the passing game is a team effort, then five susperstars on the line can't help you

I don’t know why people do that. The Ticats the last four years have had allowed around 200 points more then they scored (consistently). The Division Winners have put up 160 points more then allowed. To go from the cellar to the penthouse, the Ticats would have to make a 350 point improvement in points scored/allowed over last year ! If they can score as much point as they allow ( a massive 200 point improvment) that would put them in second place in the division, that is enough of a challenge IMO.

2005: -200 points
2006: -203 points
2007: -199 points
2008: -152 points

hmmm? interesting

I'm guessing ur a bomber fan new_earth_mud judging by your ignorance and believing that when a player leaves your team they're pure crap and your glad their gone.

yes, im a Bomber fan

and no, im just saying, we won nothing with them

good luck to u, u might? or… well we wont go there

peace

well you have to think that they were let go for a reason, right?

ya, im thinking we let them go cuz we wanted the Cats to atleast win 6 games, guess we will see

peace

I honestly like the guy and everything but after watching Marwan Hage last year and all the mistakes he made at really simple things - snaps etc.. He is going to need to have an awesome season this year for me not to think of him as one the most overated Tiger-Cats I've seen .

His snaps were fine. He did miss some blocks on stunts but it was pretty much just him and Hudson out there. This year the talent level has increased to the point some of last years staters Dyakowski and Davis are depth on the bench.

I’m a little puzzled at the thought Hamilton has the best depth in the league. Dyakowski has some playing experience but has been a bit of a disappointment IMO. Bekasiak may one day be a fine starting OT but he is very untried at this time in his career on the OL. Gagne-Marcoux could probably move over to center for Hage if needed with out any drop off, but Dyakowski would be a step back replacing him IMO. That is assuming Hamilton will be starting 4 Canadians.
Goodspeed has 2 or 3 imports backing him up for TC so I guess that is where the depth is.

But I agree with gogo, Calgary and Montreal are probably a step ahead of the rest of the pack. Saskatchewan and BC are still pretty good as well IMO. The Argos should be improved with Murphy and Picard, but we don’t know who the left guard is yet.
Edmonton don’t look that bad on paper either. Winnipeg has to be the big question mark. Can Kahn, Morley and Fritz come back and play like they once did? I’m from Missouri on that one.
However when it comes down to it, it is how a line can play as a unit.