Best fans in the West...

.........wadda sourpuss you are Kmart..........

let's face it...nobody will ever win this arguement.Everybody thinks their fans are the best,just like they should...I just want to say one thing regarding the attendance at the rider home games....the only nice weather game so far was the pre-season game...the home opener against the Bombers was almost cancelled because of a huge electrical storm,as it was the game was delayed 30 mins,and still over 23000 showed up,and last weekend against Hamilton it rained the entire game ,once again over 23000 ......

I don't need to tell Rider fans but who cares if its raining, or it's cold, too hot, gesh starting to sound like " Screw football lets go to the cottage " " oh me oh my it's raining " Gade fans. doesnt stop Esk/Rider/Stamp/Bomber fans, im really disappointed with Gade fans this year, come on and support your team, my provincial finals had more fans than you guys did last game.

Busted! I had to do it because a similar post was made in the Esks forum.
Tit for Tat!

It is a sell out and the black out has been lifted. So if you can not make it locally then watch it on TV.

Amen to that!

lol! That’s what I thought. But don’t worry- we can take the ribbing. After all, we are the best fans in the league! :wink:

Everyone knows bomber fans are the best, not just in the west, the entire league as well, but I would have to give the riders a close second as we are the only two provinces who really dont have a better choice, ie NHL. We pour all we got into our teams.

Not been to games in other cities other than Vancouver but BC fans are pretty good and very knowledgeable about the game (except for some of the new ones this year who try to get the wave going when BC has the ball). These new ones will get the hang of it as the players keep saying that on the radio - quiet for BC's offence.

My real point was that when BC had crowds in the 17-19,000 range and the games were tight and BC needed to stop the opponent, the crowd noise in BC place was beyond belief. If you came in there blindfolded and heard the crowd you'd think it was full. I used to be impressed with how that size of crowd could change the atmosphere in that huge stadium.

The crowd noise was also piped into the speakers. Thus the new CFL rule about electronic interference such as what was applied to the Bombers just recently in the game vs the Stamps.

After 10,000 crazy fans made the drive to Mcmahon stadium these fans have to be considered the best CFL fans. No where in this country you could convince 10,000 people to leave to go to a football game in another province. Congradulations to these fans. And thank you for the Henry Burris paycheck fund. That alone pays for Henry moving to Calgary.
I know I have been hard on a couple of rider posters here! But over all most Rider fans are very passionate for their team. Saskagro will state that football is all the Sask fans have. Who cares they support their team. Good on ya come again spend more money. By the way Hal Johnson of Saskatoon needs a ride he was left here by mistake. Oh he needs bail money. He claimed it was the refs fault that he was arrested. Any way thanks again.

I’d like to see some real stats on that number, 10,000. It looked more like 3,000-5,000 on TV.
I think 10,000 was a number Glen Suitor through out, not an official count.