Best Defence?

...i would say... looking at the games played between the ALS. and Bombers....that the ALS. get the edge....as far as depth...which someone brought up....i'd put Winnipegs' depth against the ALS. easily....but both are good.. :rockin:

I have already asked you what labels!
If you dont like it do it yourself!

what are the points about? the only thing that makes any sense is the final standings, that's it.

For a guy who claims to have a 160 IQ(ha!) you dont catch on to quickly

I will try to explain it to you again.
There are 25 defensive catagories
In 7 of those catagoies MTL is in first. in 12 of those catagories MTL is in 2nd place and so on
WPG leads in 9 of them and is in 2nd in 5 of them........

Do you follow?

yes, but what are the cats? that's my point. you have a link with them somewhere on here.

What are the cats what???????

A link to what?

CATAGORIES!

You think I am goin to list all of the catagories for you? For each of the 8 teams?

I listed the total!
Go look them up for your self!

you know, you can do what you like with your stuff, but I'm telling you, w/o labels on the cats (as in categories), it just looks like a whole bunch of numbers.

KKBBEPTRBC, I understand what you mean! But all that Ro is showing and proving, is that Montreal has the better Defence.

I would agree with that, expect that Montreal barley beat the Cats, and the Bombers, fired up by a comment by the cats, shut them down.

That likely doesn't make a big difference in who is better, but something that can't be ignored.

After tonights game the D stats are going to be interesting!

Don’t forget also, their starting QB didn’t play, neither did your 2 games vs the Argos…

I'll be the first to admit that was a very good game from Montreal's D. And yes, the stats are going to be very close. But remember, the Bombers and Mont have NOW each played 7 games. If you add even those small game totals Winnipeg just took over a couple more categories.

Did Montreal give up 6 first downs?
Did Toronto run the ball 9 times?
Did Montreal give up 100 yards passing?

If so, that is 3 more defensive categories that the Bombers lead in, making it 12 of the 25 categories that Winnipeg leads in. :thup:

And KKBB.....go too the top of the page, click on "The Game", click on "stats", click on "Defensive Rankings" There are your Cats :wink:

If you look at who has the best defence, the bombers are a great D, but there is one that is better. That is the D that has not lost a game yet, the Alouettes. The Montreal offence is not really at their peak yet, and they managed to beat the vaunted bomber D twice, racking up 44 pts against it in the second meeting. Best defence is the Als D, no doubt about it.

Letsgoblue
Don't forget Montreal has now taken back a few Categories as well
Points per game
Mtl. 18
Wpg 18.4

Mtl was ahead in passing by 105 yards and gave up 104 so they keep that one!
Wpg takes over on rushing plays because there were 14 yesterday

Its possible that Montreal takes over Avg. yards per pass. It was Wpg 6.9 to Mtl 7.2 but last night was 13/20 for 104yds

They had only given up 3 first downs in the first half. I don't know about the second.

All in all it looks like Mtl lost a category, maybe 2 but regained at least 2 others

Mtl is still in the lead!

LOL...I think it's safe to say that this arguement is going to go on for awhile, with no clear cut winner. While Winnipeg leads in more categories, Montreal is 7-0

I think what is even more impressive is that using your formula the highest a team can score is 200. Both teams deserve a A+ for their defenses :thup:

Fun sometimes to read some of these threads a week or two later...Who voted for Winnipeg, raise your hands

I think, considering how BC has played the last 3 weeks, we gotta be nipping at their heels...and Winnipeg got embarrassed by the Leos last night...