Best Defence

yes thanks for reminding us again
MIIIILLLLLLTTTTTTT!!!!!

corneskers,

i've got one name that says it all...

"RICHIE HALL"

no matter who is playing on our defense, we will be in the top three because of richie.

the peg will be up there too because of marshall.

WPG
SK
TOR
MON
EDM
CAL
HAM

BC
TOR
MTL
WPG
SSK
EDM
CAL
HAM

It's interesting how many people rank Toronto's D so low. I can only hope your teams come here thinking the same thing. Toronto will lead the league in interceptions and fewest points this year. Will they stop the run? Yes, they will improve a little and thats all that is really needed.

Interesting post, but as you point out my flaw in one signing, we lose 2 DBs and it will put us in the bottom of the league? Last time I checked we still had some good players at DB. I said this earlier, but IF McCalla decides to come out of retirement, then that will somewhat offset the loss or Morgan and Bush. Funny how everyone thinks that losing those two are going to decimate the rest of the Rider D. Cornholer said 3 losses,so he must be referring to Nate Davis, but I dont think that is much a loss, considering we still have Jurineack, Epps, Schultz and Perry on the Dline. We still have a good linebacking core, and the secondary is still a pretty good one, even with the losses of Bush and Morgan.

its actually 4 starters. Everyone forgets Jackie Mitchell. That being said I am not too scared that our defence will be bad. I have faith in Richie. Plus having Eddie Davis back there as basically a player coach is great

Losing a few quality players at a position can be detrimental if adequate replacements aren't found. I'll use the Eskimos last year as an example, losing 3 veteran offensive linemen, and obviously this affected the talent and ability of the line dramatically. I don't know if this comparision can really compare since it's a different sport, but the Oilers, losing Pronger and Spacek from '06 to '07 have ended up with a pathetic bunch of defensmen this year, just by losing the two. I obviously can't predict the future, so we'll have to see how the DBs pan out for the roughriders, but as of right now, I see that as their biggest weakness. Hopefully, Ray can pick it apart. :smiley:

Too early to predict the best defense in 2007. But probably BC and Toronto. BC defense is better because Toronto is in a weaker division while all western teams have strong offenses. My guess is that Edmonton might be one of the most improved teams.

winnipeg then toronto.

that simple.

yep