Best Back-up QB

For success it appears that the most important area for a team is the health of their starting QB and their back-up.

Which teams has the strongest back-up.

BC: Lulay
Edmonton: Franklin
Calgary: To be determined
Sask: TBD
Winnipeg: TBD

Ottawa: Drew Tate
Hamilton: Masoli
Toronto: Willy
Montreal: Adams

Clearly name recognition for back-ups goes to the East after the obvious top two in the West.

So far I'd say the best chance for teams that can go out there and get a win with a back-up are:

Edmonton/BC tie
Toronto
Hamilton
Ottawa
Montreal

I'd prefer to see teams determine their rosters before taking a wild, stab in the dark, crap shoot guess.

Lulay, Masoli and Tate are the only 3 Backups that have won a playoff game.

My list

Lulay - Grey Cup ring as a starter
Masoli - Proven winner
Franklin - Tons of potential and wins under his belt
Willy - has had some good games in the League
Adams - young with potential and some wins at the end of last season
Tate - seems to have lost all of his compete level

I'd say that it's Lulay in BC and then Franklin in Edmonton but there's a big gap between the two of them.

Kevin Glen Best backup or third stringer!!!!!!!!!!

the best back up QB is the QB who has never set foot on the field during a game.

:lol:

According to reports in Regina, 38 yr old, 5'8 1/2" Kevin Glenn is now their starter!

Tate, Franklin and Lulay are all proven back-ups. Lulay has championship experience as a starter and is still a good leader - just doesn't have much arm left.

Tate is a bit of a pig scramble - but should thrive behind Trev Harris in Ottawa.

Franklin is supposed to be the next #1 guy - Corky would trade his left nut for the guy but eunuchs don't have much ammo in that dept.

Winnipeg has a couple up 'n comers - but don't they always? Usually they get either over-coached or under-coached and wash out of the league within a couple years! (ex. Justin Goltz, Max Hall)

[quote="Lyle B. Style"]According to reports in Regina, 38 yr old, 5'8 1/2" Kevin Glenn is now their starter!

Tate, Franklin and Lulay are all proven back-ups. Lulay has championship experience as a starter and is still a good leader - just doesn't have much arm left.

Tate is a bit of a pig scramble - but should thrive behind Trev Harris in Ottawa.

Franklin is supposed to be the next #1 guy - Corky would trade his left nut for the guy but eunuchs don't have much ammo in that dept.

Winnipeg has a couple up 'n comers - but don't they always? Usually they get either over-coached or under-coached and wash out of the league within a couple years! (ex. Justin Goltz, Max Hall)[/quote

According to reports in Regina, 38 yr old, 5'8 1/2" Kevin Glenn is now their starter!

Actually He' not. But wish he was. Riders miss playoff again with him or Young at controls.
Only 39 you say?????

Yup , without a doubt it has to be Glenn . KG has basically been a career 2nd stringer for almost the majority of his entire career for almost every team in the league and for some teams even twice . I gotta say though that from all the talk I've heard coming out of Saskie so far it looks like for now that Glenn will be a good bet to be numero uno for the Riders to at least start this season .

So assuming that Glenn will indeed start for the Riders , I'd have to say that if I had to pick just one best number #2 from each division right now I would have to go with in the East , Hamilton's Masoli and in the West , Edmonton's Franklin .

There never was a question if Glenn was going to be the starter going into the year in Saskie.

Well Brandon Bridge just made a strong statement in Regina to not forget about him.

13/16 -120 yards... TD ( Carter)..10 points... as he started in Sask against Winnipeg.

I am pulling for Brandon Bridge to back up Kevin Glenn, This League needs a good young Canadian QB in it

Yup Bridge had great game and opened some eyes. Ultimately went 20/26 for 201 yards. If preseason is an indicator he has moved into a better position for #2 I’d think. Not many, if any, QBs brought into the league by Montreal have succeeded anywhere. So the jury is still out I guess. But it was a great opening for Bridge.

Pretty sure he was also 11/12 against the Lions in the last game of last year.

It appears that Canadian Andrew Buckley will be the #2 QB in CGY. :thup:
He was a 7th round pick in the 2015 CFL draft out of the University of Calgary.

and it appears that Canadian Bridge could be the starter in Sask.

C'mon Jim, Barring injury, Kevin Glenn will be the starting QB for the Riders on opening day in MTL.

After watching yesterday's very exciting pre season game, there were some decent QB's as backups.
But there is no question James Franklin as we know from last year is the real deal.
My Argos should try a big trade for him this year before he becomes a FA at year end.
Otherwise there is likely 3-4 teams that will go after him.

Buckley looked very good last night. Stood in well, his throws were all nice, tight spirals and on target.

Franklin will end up in Toronto IMO. Look for a Blockbuster trade midseason with multiple players going each way.

We desperately need a QB, what with an aging pylon like Ray whose best before date is in the rear view mirror.
Not even coach T will be able to resuscitate his career, unlike AC.