Bengals vs. Rams

Who are you rooting for and why?

1 Like

I kinda wish it was a rematch Niners - Bengals

But gotta cheer on the Bengals over the Rams
Only team in playoffs who deserved it more were the Bills

2 Likes

You saying the Bills deserved it more than the Bengals? Hey, Bills had some bad play calling in spite of some great offensive play but both the Rams and Bengals are very worthy of being in the big game.

3 Likes

Rooting for the Bengals because their cheerleaders are in black and orange, just like the BC Lionettes.

index
39bf6035d53c698947ffbbb0298b56d6--cincinnati-bengals-math-teacher

1 Like

I am good either way - Bengals haven't won a Superbowl and have sucked for most of their existence - Matthew Stafford deserves a Superbowl for his 23 year long prison sentence he served in Detroit - Not that I have anything against Brady or NE - but I am good not seeing them play -

1 Like

Bengals. I always root for teams that have never won it all before.
However, I also like the Rams so it’ll be a win-win.
I have a tradition of making regional iconic foods for the SB. Cincinnati has skyline chili but LA doesn’t really have much that’s iconic LA, food-wise.

1 Like

Rooting for a good game.

2 Likes

LA food would have to have avocado and no meat -

Me as well. I'll say Rams by 7.

Yes, they do!

There's also Gold Star (same thing) which is their competitor.

1 Like

Was in Cincinnati years ago on business - went to the bar with client stayed way too late ended up at Skyline Chili - good stuff but weird - chili on spaghetti - weird concept the first time you see it and eat it -

2 Likes

You can get it at the grocery store too.

1 Like

Holy crap, that sounds good actually, I will have to try it along with some nice crusty bread as usual of course, just a bit less bread with the pasta.

1 Like

I'm cheering on the Bengals because of joe Burrow. The kid has the "it" factor like Mahomes and Allen. But especially when he mentioned the CFL when he won the National Championship a few years ago saying his father won a Grey Cup and it inspired him to win a championship. Joe Burrow's father use to play for the Montreal Alouettes, The kid has my attention

3 Likes

It's a horrible concept and not real chili, which derives from Texas. Leave Cincinnati, and even in much of the rest of Ohio nobody wants that crap.

1 Like

This is a lose-lose proposition for me due to modern media.

If the Bengals win, we have to hear about the apparent second coming of Vanilla Ice, for the first time was not bad enough you see, that is Joe Burrow and watch ESPN hype him even more only because he went to LSU.

Or ...he could turn into Johnny Manziel Never-Was, but instead of a college Has-Been, he'll have an actual ring on top of that impressive run with three playoff wins this season.

If the Rams win though, well it might not be so bad if otherwise Odell Beckham does not even feature in any truly meaningful way, but then again when I lived in Las Vegas, I ran into enough folks visiting from Southern California to know better.

I just hope it's a good game though after all the high of 8 of the playoff games going down to the last drive or into overtime, well I won't be surprised if let down from such a high.

1 Like

I wanted a rematch of the Chiefs and 49ers of only 2 years ago (though it seems like a heck of a lot longer!), Mahomes and Garoppolo, again as I do believe many did in the media or at least Mahomes and the older veteran Stafford.

1 Like

Didn't know that! Ok, rooting for the Bengals for sure even though I'll stick with my prediction, Rams by 7.
Just checked YouTube and found this interview with his Dad which includes talking about his time in the CFL.

1 Like

Bengals because Joe Burrow has the poise of a championship QB.

But I get the feeling the Rams will win it in the end.

As long the game is close (7 points) the Bengals may have a shot.

1 Like

Burrow is too young to handle all of this, Stafford is the vet and in the end, when all is said and done, I think this is the difference but hey, anything can happen.
The more I think about it, I'll say Rams by 14.
But what I would do to see Burrow with his parents at his side winning the game, that's what I'd love to see! CFL connection right there on prime time!

2 Likes