Bench Vernon Adams!

Unless Schiltz can generate at least some passing game the run will become VERY challenging.

Shiltz did some good things in this game against Ottawa. He made two bad passes: one was a great TD catch by Weineke, the other one an interception.
He throws a good deep ball and has more touch on the ball than Adams. The pass he threw in the end zone that Weineke dropped was a nice one. He throws quickly and is mobile.
He needs to be less predictable up the middle, as several passes were batted down. I am tempering my enthusiasm because he played well against the worst team in the CFL.

1 Like

I also think that Matthew Shiltz did a good job; yes, he had an interception and it was deep in Ottawa's territory; unfortunately Bray had a 15 yards penalty for roughing.

Anxious to see Matthew and the team perform next Friday, against the Argos.

Richard

1 Like

IMO Schiltz played well ... but the TwoColours were leaving receivers wide open ... and OL generally kept the TwoColours off his back ... he made the throws, but not much of a challenge ... Ottawa has the worst defence (and offence) in the CFL ... this game should have been put away before halftime ... thankfully the TwoColours never managed to generate offence

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Not crazy about this trade. :roll_eyes:

Given the play of Shiltz, I am a little surprised, although I totally agree with this trade. Harris for Simmons who's place has been taken by Jamal Davis. No draft choice given.

I expect Harris to be in the lineup next Friday as number 2. Good replacement, if Matthew is injured.

Richard

2 Likes

So Harris wasn't hurt. It really was just more 'culture fit' rubbish and finger pointing by Elizondo. Jaime has ruined that team. A total shame. Sunderland has bungled this horribly. If my coach came to me and told me that my perennial all-star QB was the main reason that we were losing (nothing to do with our inconsistent run game and beyond shoddy special teams) I'd terminate his ass before the end of the day. Personally I have zero time for finger pointing like that.

2 Likes

Will Trevor wear number 7?

Richard

1 Like

I said previously that I was completely puzzled that the Trevor Harris we were seeing this year was not the same guy who demolished us in the 2019 semi-final.

So if he is not still dealing with the neck injury that had sidelined him this season, it is a very good trade. Valuable insurance should there be any issues with Shiltz injury or performance wise.

I've always liked Antonio Simmons, but the emergence of Jamal Davis kind of makes up for his loss. And we're certainly not giving up 2 No. 1 draft picks.

4 Likes

As I said in the other thread, this is a good trade for us, even though I'm not a Trevor Harris fan. Especially glad that Maciocia didn't give up any futures in the deal.

6 Likes

Agree. DM pulled off a smart deal. :+1:

3 Likes

So the question now is; is it Shiltz's team and Harris is the backup, or will Harris become the starter as soon as he is up to speed?

If Khari is smart, he will give Shiltz plenty of room to maneuver while Harris gets up to speed on the playbook, and let performance dictate whether Harris becomes the starter. If we're winning games with Shiltz at the helm, keep him in. If he struggles, then it's perfectly understandable to bring Harris in.

4 Likes

And will Almondo Sewell be picking him up at the airport? :grinning:

2 Likes

Maybe Almondo will carry Trevor on his back.

Harris number could be # 7 or number # 17.

Richard

Matthew Shiltz will remain the starter, unless he's injured or performs badly.

Richard

No. Covid protocols. Have to isolate. :stuck_out_tongue:

The others have responded well and in kind like usual. I think you should be in charge of these matters now, and of course I will stay tuned here so as to be updated on your dicta and team orders and views on this matter.