Belli in trouble?

I imagine Belli would be pretty unhappy to end up in Regina. A part of me hopes that’s exactly what happens, except I’m not sure I can wish that much misfortune on the Riders.

I bet Calgary would want him also seeing that they have 0 sacks in 2 games.

I agree. In fact, I doubt Sask would have any interest, as their D line seems set already, including strong Canadian talent. The downside as a Belli hater is that Calgary would be less of a banishment, as Calgary has many more non-stop commercial flights back to Toronto. :wink:

After watching ( the Belli head-butt ) I was surprised he was not ejected…for the rest of the game.
And perhaps suspended and fined, by the CFL. ( I’m sure the fine…is coming.)
Belli is…and always has been a bit of a headcase…period.
And I think that Murphy…is not very far behind Belli, as well.
I’m glad that they ( both ) are not with the Cats.
I think the Argo’s Head Coach was right on…with his statements after the game, and if the Coach’s warning falls on deaf ear’s…Belli, much sooner than later, will be gone.
Players like this should take lesson’s from Otis Floyd.
Floyd’s trash-talking…has taken many a player ( off his game ) over the years.
And that is great. But you don’t see Otis…head-butting players on the field.
That’s the difference between a veteran…and like one of the other poster’s called, ( a pant-load.) :thdn:

Cheers.

If the Cats had a chance, they’d grab Murphy in a nanosecond. It’s not a game for choirboys. You want guys with a chip on their shoulders and Murphy has proven that he can play. As for Belli, he is a useful player AND he can be an idiot as he was on Saturday. It’s up to Andrus to rein him in or I do believe him when he says he won’t be playing with the Argos for long.

An Argo-Cat fan

Otis Floyd was suspended by the CFL for an on-field incident on October 3, 2003 when a helmet he threw (actually ripped off a player’s head) hit an official in a game he was playing for Calgary against Hamilton. So he had to learn from his mistake. He is an in-your-face guy, but he knows where the line is. The problem with Belli is that he does things after the whistle that are pure B.S. and doesn’t learn.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=2343815

Oski Wee Wee,

If Belli had some dicipline, he could be a DT on my team any day of the week. But the problem is...

I agree. He is a really good player and causes a lot of trouble of the middle of defenses but he continually allows drives to continue. I would take this guy with discipline any day of the week.

The problem is that the penalties are a part of how he plays, A VERY BIG PART! So much so that you have to consider that he is a liability in spite of his abilities. I hate the way the guy plays, he doesn’t really care about his own team and he sure as heck doesn’t respect his opponents