BELLEFEUILLE

If he could only “walk” as well as he “talks”
That’s how he smokes everybody…

Maybe that’s why he kept his “agressive” plays and screen passes out of his playbook…asked to be let out of his contract and seeked the most vulnerable HC in the league. LOL!

Say what you want, but the Offense has been moving the ball and scoring points...

Yeah running the ball against Toronto's 3-4. The other 8 games not so much

Yes, against Toronto’s 3-4, using a cadre of great running backs. Against other teams? Not so much. That magnificent 6 points against the Lions ain’t anything to write home about.

This is a pass-first league, and Bellefeuille has never shown that he can build a consistently effective passing game.

His offense takes way too long to develope, murder on a QB and Oline. He almost got Greene and Calvillo killed only reason Printers isn’t crushed yet is cause he has the speed of a running back almost…

the offence needs to find a way not to make the catastrophic mistake. that is the QBs fault, and MB has been coaching the QBs. maybe DM can have an impact there, although he made his share of catastrophic mistakes too.

Hf is bang-on in his assessment of Bellefeuille's offense: it takes too long to develop. Every play is a five-step drop, waiting for receivers to complete a long pattern. Of course, the receivers rarely complete those patterns because the QB is usually forced to throw the ball away or take a sack.

If an O-line is having problems pass-blocking, the last thing you need is an O.C. who seems to be unfamiliar with the concept of a quick-passing game. Three-step drop, read, release. Short out patterns and slants. Screens. Work the ball underneath QUICKLY and get those big ol' D-linemen frustrated by getting the ball out of the QB's hands before the rush can get to him. Run the ball on sweeps, counters, and tosses. Do everything you can to blunt the effectiveness of that pass rush.

Instead, Printers is left there in the pocket to get murdered down after down. Yes, I know Printers hasn't been great this year, but Calvillo looked horrible in a Bellefeuille offense last season. Marcel will make any QB look bad.

Exhibit A: the Saskatchewan offence with Nealon Greene at QB and MB as offensive coordinator.

Exhibit B: the Montreal offence in 2007 with Anthony Calvillo at QB and MB as offensive coordinator.

So, look at the Hamilton offence this year, with Casey Printers~Richie Williams at QB and MB as offensive coordinator.

See the similarity?

Why in the world would anyone have expected anything different?

Anyway, as I said in some other thread somewhere, maybe having Danny Mac take over more of the offensive coordinating duties from MB will make an improvement in things.

I have to say that with all the talent at running back in Hamilton, I'm shocked that your offense doesn't contain more pitches, sweeps, and counters.