Bellefeuille vindicated

That my friends is the difference between a coaching staff doing their jobs and not doing their jobs. When the whole FG team is unaware of the rules in such a critical play, the blame goes to the coaches. If we had of lost this game, fans on this site would be spitting nails. We won, so somehow it’s ok and not a problem.
Yes the players should have known, but the coaches need to ensure all is done to make sure they are aware of the rules.

Based on where the line of scrimmage was prior to the time count violation and the losses on the previous 2 running plays, why didn't we just punt the ball throught the endzone for a single point? Or were we too far away to guarantee the punt would go far enough?

Great job to coach Marcel. Managing the players over the last couple of games really payed off. Having Quinton get some valuable game time certainly helped in this win. It was nice to see Marcel show some emotion too!! :thup:

Really?

I don’t believe for one minute that the whole FG team was unaware of the rules.

I don’t blame the coaches for that one at all. As Bellefeuille said, they practiced that every day for 18 weeks.

Who is responsible for getting the play off in time?

On offense, the QB.

Punter, on a punt.

Holder on a FG.

I have been critical of Marcel and his game planning for a long time.
I take my hat off to him though this time for an excellent game plan which produced one of the most exciting games I have ever seen.
I suspect the planning for this game began once the Blue team was eliminated from the playoffs. And that awful show against the Blue team in a meaningless game was part of the long term planning for yesterday's game. Porter was ready. Grant and Williams were not showing their hand too much. Montreal probably did not see much of what they ended up getting yesterday.
The only nagging concern I have is that we have won some games this season (8-10!)very convincingly...only to stink the place out a week later.
Let's hope that roller coaster record has ended and we can repeat the excellent preparation we saw against Montreal when we take on Winnipeg. Then we will be in the Grey Cup. :smiley:

With that game behind them, how possible is it for the Tiger-Cats to beat Winnipeg, and then either B.C. or Edmonton?

Very possible!

I agree, the adversity that the team played through in that game has to be a tremendous team builder.
If they can beat the Als in the “BIG OWE”, they are capable of beating the Bummers in Winterpeg.
Both Marcel and Kevin can finally and deservedly shake the unfair “can’t win the big game” crap that some posters keep throwing around.
To all the negative posters that were here previously, you are welcome to keep posting just start believing that this team is special and is capable of beating any team in the league!!!
I have a good feeling about this next game.

2 MORE WINS!!!

To be fair to the coaches, perhaps they couldn’t even if they wanted.
They ran out of timeouts, the noise in the crowd was deafening, & Boltus needs to signal when to start the play. He could have done that on time, but maybe nobody heard.
I’ll give the coaches a break on this one.
Cats played a great game.
Now to LoserPeg…

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

MB proved us all wrong where it really counts in preparing for the playoffs :thup:

Coach Sal was on CHML about an hour ago and said it’s the responsibility of the 2 wing guys on the end of the line to watch the clock and let Boltus know when to call for the snap.

A win is a win, no arguing there. Vindication, however, is a bit premature.

It is not as though this was a dominant victory where a master plan was executed perfectly. I mean, let's face it ... this game could have gone either way ... it was an epic battle that had to be won by someone.

In my mind, true vindication comes with a victory next week. Only then will I allow that any criticisms made against MB were unwarranted, and baseless.

Please, do not construe this as another shot at MB - he deserves some props for this ... but at the same time - this was his third kick at the playoff can ... so, no, one win does not do it for me.

P.S Having said all that - I feel the one who will TRULY be vindicated with a victory next week is Kevin Glenn. How sweet it would be for KG to lead this team to Victory in Staggerville !

I’m just speculating, but maybe the crowd noise made it hard to tell that time had been whistled in? This could have affected either Boltus or Dewitt. Did Boltus signal in time? Was Dewitt looking for the signal early enough?

Something in the background of this one cracked me up :lol: :

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8082/016155300933oblivious.jpg

It’s quite possible that the team was waiting for the play to be whistled in and missed it due to the noise in the stadium. And Boltus needed to wait for the line to settle before signalling for the snap. In hindsight, it would have been better for him to signal for the snap with the team still moving and take the five yard procedure call rather than the ten yard time count penalty, but oh well. Plus, based on JFL’s comment, Boltus wasn’t the one who was supposed to be watching the play clock, and he may not have heard the whistle either. Fortunately, it didn’t matter in the long run.

It was too far to guarantee that a punt would go through the endzone. They were on the 36 yard line, add 20 for the endzone, you’re talking a 56 yard punt. Medlock’s punting average this year is only 41.6 yards, well short of what was required. Plus, a field goal from that range was inside Medlock’s range, so was pretty much a gimme had they got the play off in time.

think the org will keep MB if they lose against the Peg?

Or will the EDSF win against the Als be enough to secure Marcel's status as HC?

I have a feeling nothing short of a win in the EF will suffice for the TiCat brass...

As mentioned earlier , it is the responsibility of the Wing men to count down the clock.
It is the job of the holder to wait for the cue from the kicker when he is ready and then call for the snap.

As stated, it was loud and may have been impossible to hear the clock being counted down however, they do it every Sunday in the NFL without issue and there's a lot more there at those games than yesterdays crowd in Montreal....so :roll:

I think the 3 who take the most criticism have secured their jobs after yesterday’s tremendous and historic victory. Even Montreal papers are saying the Tiger-cats have ended the Alouette dynasty.

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/league/images/en/gallery/2011/11/016163152634.jpg

Hate to admit it but Bellefueille will be back

He won a Playoff game and that enough to keep his job 1 more season.

It`s more than just wining 1 playoff game. It was ending the Alouette dynasty in Montreal, and being given credit by national media for his preparation for that through some sound strategic coaching during the last 3 games of the season.

Hard to argue with them given the amazing results.

The issue with this team has been consistency, and specifically - the lack of it. I can't count the number of Jeckyl and Hyde references made about this team this season. We have all witnessed it, and it is the basis for which most of (at least mine) the criticisms are leveled against Marcel, and Co.

So, absolutely not, Marcel has secured nothing with this win. It remains to be proved whether Marcel is the man to lead this team to the Grey Cup, or not, period.

If the team loses next week, then it is just another playoff failure, and it will be time to look for the next man to coach this team to the next level.

If the team wins then you can count on seeing Marcel on the sidelines into the first year of the new building, at the least.

This thread is a microcosm of the entire season ... knee jerk, over reactions on a week by week basis.