BEHAR TEES OFF: Redblacks angry after QB Masoli knocked out of loss to

. . . and, Simoni Lawrence, don’t forget.

3 Likes

Sorry to pop in so late here, but I have long thought that if a player is injured in an illegal manner the perpetrator is barred from playing until his victim is healthy enough to play. If that isn’t enough to rein in a Marino or Lawrence then that player could still count against his team’s game day roster. That would give the offender’s team an incentive to stay away from such loose cannons.

1 Like

Oft-made suggestion … but it just doesn’t work … what if a STAR player on a division opponent knocks out a bottom-of-the-roster player … the scrub would go on the 6-game IR for the rest of the season, and be well-paid for doing so (e.g., saved from the practice squad, extension with a bonus), while the star is held out.

My suggestion may be subject to any number of safeguards the league may devise to ensure justice.

I would hope the league would review videos and verify whether an illegal act actually occured.

The league could have outside medical professionals review the team doctors’ findings to make sure the injured list status is justified.

I’m sure you could think up other safeguards.

Whether the offender is a “star” or a marginal player the victim is just as injured.