Beer Beer Beer

When was beer first served at Ivor Wynne ?

Served or smuggled in?

I believe sometime in the '90s during the Mike Harris era. A provincial law had to be passed to allow for the licensing of alcohol at sports venues.

For those who wonder why you can only purchase 2 at a time, it's part of the legislation.

Now if only the price would not have inflated so much since then!!!

PJ

It was not to long after the Blue Jays started circa 79/80
It was at a Ti Cat game

i believe during the reign of Harrold The Ballard ...

Can't remember exactly when, but pretty sure it $2.75 a cup the first year and has been increased every year since. If you subtract a quarter from the present price until you reach $2.75 the number of quarters subtracted will tell you how many years ago :cry:

Sorry Matelot, but you are incorrect. Lase year beer was 25 cents more expensive. Therefore you have to add a quarter, then subtract a quarter.

Don't mind me, I'm hunting for nits to pick...

sigpig…good observation. I didn’t want to suggest finding the difference and dividing by 25…thought by going back a quarter at a time would be a sad trip “down memory lane” one year at a time… Starting off by adding a quarter makes it worse…

Around the same time it became apparent that you couldn’t both watch and enjoy a Tiger Cat’s game in your right state of mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Ah, beer. My one weakness.” Homer J. Simpson

I think it was $2.25

WilltheThrill still has one of the beer price signs in his basement.

Would have been around '79.

I can remember in the 70s when as a kid i seen a whole lot of empty Mickeys of Rye sitting empty under the seats at the end of the games .

After a game in the 70's, probably one of the games where we had about 35,000 in attendance, the Hamilton Spectator had a picture of the clean up the next day. They had two dump trucks full of empty liquor bottles alone. Ah, the good old days!

After a game in the 70's, probably one of the games where we had about 35,000 in attendance, the Hamilton Spectator had a picture of the clean up the next day. They had two dump trucks full of empty liquor bottles alone. Ah, the good old days!
Ah, yes...when drunks didn't act like goofballs.

hendy77…funny you say that, we’ve commented a number of times that there were less rowdy drunks when everybody snuck in a mickey than there has been since they started serving beer. Strange with the price of beer. Maybe because you had to make a mickey last the whole game.