BE CAREFULL....CHARLIE...THE HONEYMOON IS OVER....

Welcome to the Hamilton Ti-Cats..Coach Taaffe.
The honeymoon...is over.
The wrath of the fan...has begun.
I hope that Bob..did not forget to tell Charlie..that Ti-Cat Fans...are the most hardcore group of folks..in the C.F.L.
That is one of the reasons....I'm glad to be one.
We all wanted change...our team owner..listened to us. But...this is one fan..that does not believe that the "change" will be complete...until the change at starting QB takes place.
Too many bad memories..about "last year" with Maas at the contols of the Offence...
Will make the fan's 'fuse'...more than a little short..after the Calgary...blow-out.
That is...if it isn't completely gone already....
Most....are calling for Jason's head...on a plate...from what I have read..on the post's to-day.
And I have to agree...
Time to pass the torch...to the young kid...Chang.
Sorry...Jason...your time is up...as the starter of this Club. IMO... :thdn:
I would rather sit through another 'losing year' giving Chang the time...to learn the game...
if that is what it takes....
Than giving Maas...anymore 'time' ( to find himself...or heal himself...or whatever...)
The plain and simple...truth.
of one fan's...opinion.

this is the problem with forums and you could probably place part of the blame on david sauve-who,like jerry jones, thought he should have his hand in everything when he was "running things" for the cats and co-master-minded creating this forum.
forums give every donkey out there with a computer
the false right to weigh in on topics that 10 or 15 years ago they might not have been able to do.let the football people make the football decisions and you fans of the cats should stick to the only decisions you have the right to make-go to the game or stay the hell home. give them a chance and try to occupy yourselves with something else rather than wondering what the attendance will be or why the ivor wynne bathroom toilet paper is only 1 ply.
can't you just enjoy a brand new football season

CITY LEGEND

Harsh...words...perhaps.
But lets stop pretending....that..Jason is going to bring the Cup..back to Hamilton.
It is just not...going to happen..at any point..with this guy.

Relax...city-legend.
Venting...is a good thing for the fans.
This one included...
I would rather see a fan...vent here on this post...than get so pi@@ed-off..that they stop going to a game or two.
I have great respect for Coach Taaffe...he will be able to fix this team....
And in the mean-time..we can all vent-out..on this post...and continue to support the Cats.
Nothing wrong with that...in my books.

TICAT MANAGEMENT has to quit giving away its good players to every team in the league for nothing in return! It seems like other teams grneral managers come drulling to hamilton, knowing they can get quality players for nothing. Butler should have been kept and Mass dropped from the roster. The shoulder problem he sustaianed a few years ago cannot be overcome. In Sk. butler got better as the season progressed. He is capable of doing the job given time. Now it was just another steal of 2 good players.

Welcome to the Hamilton Ti-Cats..Coach Taaffe. The honeymoon...is over. The wrath of the fan...has begun.
If you want the thread to be about Maas, just name it that. The "wrath of the fan" after one game, albeit a bad one? I doubt after 30 years or whatever Charlie has been coaching he expected a "honeymoon" period anyway.

His experience will be a key because it is a long season so am sure he will make all personnel decisions, including QB, based on what he thinks will be the best for us to win.

Relax...city-legend. Venting...is a good thing for the fans. This one included...
Venting is something we have and all do but naming a thread directed at our new HC after his first regular season game is more just midguided ranting.

redstallion...
I think you are right..about Butler...as far as being kept on the team. It's to bad..he no dought wanted to play...and would not allow himself to be placed that far...down the list of QB's. The team...would most certainly have more depth.. with him still on board...and most certainly after Saturday's...showing of Maas...the only thing I did not hear...was the CBC guy saying...and another 10 yd pass...falls incomplete. ( flashback of last year ) .....

Whats....with all the pauses....in your posts?
Kinda reminds me of Stevie from Malcolm in the Middle lol.

4ti-cats7...
There is no dought that Coach Taaffe has 'forgotten' more about football...than I or anyone else on this post..will ever know.
But there is one thing for sure...if Taaffe continues to play Maas...for more than the next game or two...and we see a repeat of 'what did' or 'did not' happen in Calgary...the anger...WILL start to focus on the Head Coach...for sticking with Maas...
That is what this post....was all about..
Sorry..you could NOT understand that...my friend.

Boy the way Glen Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade
Guys like us we had it made
Those were the days
And you knew who we were then
Boys were boys and men were men
Mr, we can use a man like Herbert Hoover again
Didn't need no welfare state
Everybody pulled his weight
Gee, our old La Salle ran great
Those Were The Daaaaaays!!!!

taafe better start chang and run the west coast offense with a balanced attack similar to how philadelphia eagles run their west coast attack.
Mike working needs to open up the playbook, no more conservative play calling. richie williams should be used on goalline packages in a scrambling role.

The only change that we need is from Maas to CHANG

(CityLegend) this is the problem with forums and you could probably place part of the blame on david sauve-who,like jerry jones, thought he should have his hand in everything when he was "running things" for the cats and co-master-minded creating this forum. forums give every donkey out there with a computer the false right to weigh in on topics that 10 or 15 years ago they might not have been able to do.let the football people make the football decisions and you fans of the cats should stick to the only decisions you have the right to make-go to the game or stay the hell home. give them a chance and try to occupy yourselves with something else rather than wondering what the attendance will be or why the ivor wynne bathroom toilet paper is only 1 ply. can't you just enjoy a brand new football season

CITY LEGEND

The idea of a forum is for folks to put their heads together for the purpose of discussion, for giving accolades when appropriate and, conversely, for criticizing when they find it necessary; just as you have done here, C.L.

I thank Dave Sauve for initiating this site and I thank our caretaker for allowing it to carry on. I'd venture to say that there is no better way for team management to get the feel for what the fans are feeling than by reading these posts.

Right or wrong, we all have freedom of expression here as long as we stay within the guidelines laid out for us.

I am a strong Charlie Taaffe supporter and his credentials speak for themselves. He will definitely find a way to improve this offense.

Before this site was initiated, I personally had many letters to the sports editor of the Hamilton Spectator published regarding the Hamilton Tiger Cats, but I am grateful for the site because I am not restricted to a specific number of words or lines here.

By the way, "Why is Ivor Wynne bathroom tissue only one ply?"

I thank Dave Sauve for initiating this site and I thank our caretaker for allowing it to carry on.
huh?

Bob announced Ticats.Ca over at the Canadian Warplane Heritage the day he was introduced to the public as the new owner. Dave Sauve wasn’t even in the equation at that time if memory serves.

I’m guessing Ron Harwood had a lot to do with launching the site (the technical stuff at any rate)…but that’s just a guess.

By the way, "Why is Ivor Wynne bathroom tissue only one ply?"
A great post...rocky123. I think it has to do alot about...recycling.. and more bang for the buck.. I personally prefer Charman's...but that is my 'own' opinion...and it is not my intent to miscommunicate with others on this post...that believe it would be far better...for you and I and everyone else...not to be able to speak of such..matters. Cheers.
and you fans of the cats should stick to the only decisions you have the right to make-go to the game or stay the hell home.
Sounds like somebody....didn't have breakfest..this morning. Have a nice....Day.
4ti-cats7... There is no dought that Coach Taaffe has 'forgotten' more about football...than I or anyone else on this post..will ever know. But there is one thing for sure...if Taaffe continues to play Maas...for more than the next game or two...and we see a repeat of 'what did' or 'did not' happen in Calgary...the anger...WILL start to focus on the Head Coach...for sticking with Maas... That is what this post....was all about.. Sorry..you could NOT understand that...my friend.
I understood what you are trying to say but my point is that Charlie has coached long enough that "the wrath of the fan" won't effect his decisions. If he makes a change, it will be because of his evaluations not ours.

I trust his judgement. He has said he doesnt want his players thinking we are re-building and he wants to win so given his track record, I will defer to him to make the tough decisions.

If you want the thread to be about Maas, just name it that
Thahk-god I did not say.....Look mommy there is a airplane..up in the sky....is Jason on it ? Lighten-up...the season's not over yet.
Lighten-up...the season's not over yet.
First thing we have agreed on :)

im begging the posters on this forum to read what you've typed before you post it!
we've got stupid comments left and right, but the worst part is the atrocious grammar.
Between Onknight, who has yet to type 1 intelligible sentence, to Thunder-whatever his name is who capitalizes every 3rd word, and now we have SJRiley who....has....to put periods...all over his post.
... means a pause in what you're saying.
All capital letters means emphasis on a word, or yelling.
Its tough to take what you're trying to say seriously if i have to decipher the nonsense you've typed.

As for the topic of the thread....its 1 game. Relax.