BC Wins by 3 and CFL Refs Still Suck!!!

:thup: :thup:

You can not blame the refs for our loss. The horse collar was a bad call, the so called PI in the fourth was in my mind not a penalty at all. The man was hit at the line of scrimmage and that is fair as I understand the rules. Burris let the ball loose too soon, in my opinion he would have missed it anyway.

The game was lost because of bad offense in the first quarter and a bit, too many guys in the defensive backfield standing around trying to figure out who they were suppose to cover. If you look at a lot of BC receptions there were 2-4 TC players around the receiver but no one next to him. No doubt the team is getting better but the defensive backs fell back into some bad habits and I do not care what you say but Burris goes blank too many times on important plays. In between he does very well but it seems stress is a problem for him. Austin is the right guy for the job he is doing well and I believe they will win next week despite the bad officiating which will inevitably happen.

It was clear to see that the horse collar penalty leading to the BC touchdown was a complacent call as well as the non pass interference call on the TiCats screen pass.With BC also getting away with grabbing the hips of recievers and not being called
it's sad that yet again the Refs determined the outcome of a game.Are we paying to watch a Refs complacency just like years past?

Good point. Diedrick had not yet crossed the line of scrimmage, and the ball had not yet been thrown. Therefore, it was not pass interference.

It was, however, holding, as Banks definitely grabbed Diedrick by the wrist.

The “horsecollar” penalty wasn’t thta big of an issue for me. sometimes that’s just going to happen, and his hand was in the right spot for it.

The 3rd down spotting of the ball wasn’t great, but i thought it was a first down anyway so IMO, no blood there either.

It all comes down to the PI non-call on the Diedrick play, AND the illegal contact on a receiver non-call the play before the TD to Ellingson (washed 10 ish seconds off the clock)

all that said… c’mon Oline, grab another block and we’re not watching Burris on his backside so often (=no positive play)

this is pretty much how I see it.

Yes there were some bad calls, yes there were some missed calls. The key to this game was BC capitalized on more of Hamilton’s mistakes that Hamilton did of BC’s. In fact if BC would have capitalized on more of the Hamilton mistakes this would have been a blow out. There were several receivers that dropped big play passes that could have made this game result a lot worse. Our D line once again did not get anywhere near enough pressure to be successful and our secondary took a step back in progress this game. That happens when you have bunch of young players back there. Keep building and move forward. We showed character coming back, the better team won. The team that executed better and took advantage of opponent mistakes more often won. Lets hope this week we cut down the mistakes, force some more pressure on their QB and come out on the winning end.

You have to make plays to win. BC made more this week, here’s to us making more plays next week.

I agree.

The officials didn’t beat us. BC beat us, defensively and offensively. If we had played better we might have won. The way we played, we didn’t deserve to.

I think Hamilton is getting more calls because it is a younger, less experienced team. They will get better.

the Ticats really did have 1 sack, but the controversial horse collar tackle on Lulay in the 1st quarter cancelled that, so if not for the bad call, they did have 1 sack.

I just saw the game( Ihad to work and had to wait for TSNs CFL on demand). Was it just me or did Andre Preloiux seem excited to call that "horse collar". It looked to me that he was jumping up and down to make the call. I hope he's on the carpet Tuesday morning to explain that game.

I agree, grabbing a jersey is not the same as grabbing the back of the shoulder pads. Open your eye Refs!

It’s not whether the player grabs the jersey or the shoulder pads. It’s the way the player is taken down. Pulling the player down and backwards from the back of the shoulder pads, or the back of the neck of the jersey, is a horsecollar. Taking him down forwards with your hand on that part of the jersey/shoulder pads, which is what Boudreaux did, is not.
Most of the impetus of that tackle was actually from Boudreaux’s left hand, which was grabbing the front of Lulay’s left shoulder/jersey and pulling him forward. His right hand just happened to be in the “horsecollar position”.