BC @ Winnipeg

you know, i cant say i agree with the stewart call.. i guess my question would be...once out of the pocket, does he not essentialy become a running back? football is a game of inches really, while it appears he was running out of bounds, is the defender just supposed to assume he is going to? he tackled him while in bounds, if he didnt, who is to say lulay wouldnt have turned it up field for an extra inch or yard, and in football that 1 yard or inch makes a difference. disagree with the call as stewart basically forced him out, he didnt jump on him,didnt nail him,even helped him up after. these are calls that arent always called,if the refs were consistent, well then maybe there would be less debate. Thats the problem with the reffing in the league, your not always sure what their gonna call, sorry guys, but at times the refs like the camera time, they called about 30 penalties this game, thats kind of i dunno, its not neccesary, sometimes u just gotta let them play.

as far as the game itself, lol greenandwhite about your comments towards elliott, all qb's have issues, this guy was making his 4th career start against the best team in the league, everyone figured this wouldnt be close and reality is the bombers deserved to win this one. Yeah elliott has mechanical issues and makes poor decisions but which qb doesnt.. but he did do something that guys like ray,glenn and durant didnt do against bc and thats put a touchdown on the board. He outplayed lulay, and if people cant see that, well, its just i guess how it is around here, its always bombers suck, other team rules, bombers win, its cuz the other team screwed up, bombers lose, its cuz they suck.

some of the comments on here are pretty ridiculous.

bombers scored as many points this game as bc gave up in the last 3 games reallly.... i mean, seriously.

if the bombers play like this against sask next week, the game wont even be close.

and the bc sucks comments, god forbid that the fans are actuallly into the game, i mean really, u got people talking about the bc sucks chants, got people talking about cowbells... got people talking about classy fans? are u people serious? i mean really, some of you seem to have this sense of i dunno what, you seem to think you have all the answers...crap on everything winnipeg.. yup darn them bomber fans and their rowdiness. that totally just blows right.

bombers showed tonight they are not nearly as bad as some of you seem to think. they will be right there at the end of the season, bet on it. All week, it was bc is gonna kill them, well guess what.. they didnt. thats more than toronto calgary and sask can say.

Bombers looked darn good agains't the best and no question they will be right there for a playoff spot if they keep playing like that.

Just because they were players doesn’t make them experts by default.

Stegall is already biased. It was 3-1 on the panel.

The rule is pretty clear.

Wow" bc sucks", hurts your feelings?! Toughen up butter cup!

The comment was directed at Elliot having a “future in this league”. Has he played well? Sure to a certain extent. But, now there is more and more film on him. And having only four starts can be a bonus for any quarterback as there is nothing really to study off of, and the majority of the game plan is made on the fly as a defensive coordinator. It has been shown time and time again in both the NFL and the CFL.

As for your comment about the Bombers “deserving” to win, no they didnt deserve to win because they couldnt stop a last minute BC drive, nor could their offense put a touchdown on the board even though they started inside the thirty on two drives in the 4th quarter.

At the end of the day, both Hamilton and Winnipeg had leads late in games , their defence's gave it up!

With Hamilton imploding, Winnipeg could grab third without too much problem. But the losses are pilling up. Worst case they will spoil some team's season.

I have no problem with the penalty of the QB who is within a yard of going out of bounds. What I do have a problem with is when a QB tries to head out of bounds, and then takes a beeline straight downfield because the defender has let up. In this case there should be a penalty on the QB for unsportsmanlike conduct.
At any rate there were some very questionable calls against us, some were totally on the team, some phantom. Some of the whistles a little early where the carrier was not stopped (what about the Washington pick?)
Overall a good game by the D, lots of pressure all night, good coverage and kept the Bombers close. Problem still seems to be breakdowns at that most important time.
Can't blame Palardy for the loss....but...if he made that 38 yarder, this was a different game.
BTW - where are all the "BC didn't win this game, WPG lost it" comments. Actually, one delusional fan was preparing himself for a loss and trotting out the BC not showing up crap. I swear many fans on this site are incapable of giving the Bombers credit at all. They played a good game, against the clearly best team in the league. If they play like that against Sask, Rider fans might be a little greener for the next couple weeks!

Elliot for MOP :wink:

Couldn’t have said it better,LGB!..Another thing that might interest you LGB, is with the emergence of Joey, we now have Buck and Brink and Goltz as backups. Not a bad stable! All have experience!

LOL, don’t get me started on that one! :lol:

Bombers did show up to play but BC didn’t. If the Bombers were so good they would have more than 2 wins. If BC showed up tonight, the score would not have been close.

How many expected a BC win going into this one? I’m sure you get the point now?

Going forward if the Bombers & BC continued to play like tonight, WB should get more wins down the road whereas BC will not! I’m almost looking forward to the game in Regina next week.

What you are not conceeding is that a large part of BC’s lack of offensive success (there was nothing wrong with your D) was due to a very strong pass rush by WPG. We often seem to be able to rattle lulay. It is poor sportmanship on your part to not recognise WPG’s effort in this game, and to only claim that it was a lack of effort on BC’s part. Man up.

Maybe I'm wrong but, I thought that was one of the best games I've seen all year, the teams had to scratch and claw for every single point and it came right down to who had the ball last. BC just showed again why they are still the champs, congrats on a hard fought win :thup: Bombers are close but not quite there yet.

Lulay was 4 yards across the line of scrimage so he couldn’t have been “the passer”.
You’ve got the wrong rule.

Yes, that rule is when the passer is contacted after releasing the ball. They have no clue and thus far have not proven anything!

Unnecessary roughness is a penalty called at the refs discretion, he deemed it unnecessary to hit the QB instead of just guide him out. Some agree with it, some don't. But the ref can call those penalties if they feel the actions deserved it, and according to that ref, on that day, he decided it was a penalty, so it was.