BC/TOR isnt on TV???????????

I love this league, but whats this all about…you have a Grey Cup rematch, 2 high profile teams in 2 of the 3 largest TV markets, likely a huge crowd…AND ITS NOT ON TV??? Is there some valid reason for this that I am not aware of?

I think there are 5 games in total that are not televised…was it that hard to come up with a formula so that every game is televised?? Why leave 5 out?

…because the large brains at TSN/CBC have determined that everyone in Ontario will be in bed snoozing peacefully by kickoff time and the costperveiwerratio will be too low to make it worthwhile…

Good point by redandwhite. The only other answer I can come up with is “I dunno”

hahaha…yet they are showing EDM / WIN at 9pm!!

I can see it now…its about midnight eastern time, game over - Edmonton 45, Winnipeg 7; announcer comes on: “and a quick update: early in the 4th quarter, its BC 24, Toronto 24. Looks like this one will go down to the wire…oh well, Good night Eveyone!!”

SR2121 wrote:
I can see it now…its about midnight eastern time, game over - Edmonton 45, Winnipeg 7; announcer comes on: “and a quick update: early in the 4th quarter, its BC 24, Toronto 24. Looks like this one will go down to the wire…oh well, Good night Eveyone!!”
[/quote]
Sad but true. A whole hour difference between start time. Do you think some TV executive is asleep?

Definitel, they are making a mistake. Much as I love the Esks, I gotta agree. It has the potential to be a lopsided game. I would favour the networks showing the better game. I will be at Commonwealth anyway.

Cheers

This is complete crap that any team in the CFL has a game that is not televised. There are usually 4 games per week, not 15 like the NFL. Complete Crap. there is also no thursday game, so don’t tell me they couldn’t move the other game to thursday. The argo fans would get to start watching it at 10pm or even 9 pm on a Friday night. not too bad. Sportsnet could pick up the game.

That’s a non sense. This is the game of the week !!!

Als Fan

ummmm the Eskimos are playingeven TSN knows wihtout the Eskimos, BYE BYE CFL , hello arena league

the arena league sucks

of course,

EVERY GAME SHOULD BE TELECAST…having said that I don’t care if WPG. IS LOSING TO THE ESKS. by the most outrageous score…as a BOMBER fan I want to see them play…so don’t take the weak T.V programming out on BOMBER or ESKS. fans for that matter…find another angle,SR2121…and supertoe and quit whining. :!:

We don’t know who made this dis.?

It could have been B.C…who wanted to sell more tickets…?

I can’t see this game either…TSN , might have a contract to show other stuff and since they sold out to ESPN…ESPN , has allot of power over , TSN…

Remember…waiting for a game last week…I thought that GOLF was going to over run the game…GOLF?

Remember , when we had to wait for a WINNIPEG game because TSN had to finish a NASCAR race?..boy, that should have brought in the ratings…DUH!

I would tell you that if , KEITH PELLEY [ARGOS CEO] was still president of TSN…this would not be happening…

With such large T.V. veiwing markets in BOTH cities…this is and example of complete stupidity …BUT , it does show that , TSN…is not TORONTO, centric.

When you say sold out do you mean as in bought by ESPN?
Is TSN owned by ESPN?

I don’t see why they think it is too late of a game to televise. If I remember correctly the Riders vs.Bombers didn’t start until 10 eastern time and that game was televised.

what the hell could be on at 10:00pm eastern time that is better than this?

Officially, TSN is owned by “Bell GlobeMedia”, the same company that owns CTV. However, I believe there is some sort of partnership they have with ESPN (hence ESPN Classic Canada on digital cable).

ESPN owns 30% and with an AMERICAN centric market in both countries…ESPN …can give them major stories in the U.S. for a price.