BC/Stamps postmortem........

.....Well, the concession guys will have been pleased tonight that the Stamps made most of the 31,000 crowd stay in the stadium for the entire affair.......nice comeback at the end but too little too late........

.........7-0 for the Lions.........congradulations.........tough to beat a team as good as the lions when you spot them 21 points in the opening quarter.......can't understand why our backfield decided playing a prevent defense was a good idea, for the entire freakin ballgame, geez, some adjustment would have been nice..........not gonna complain about timekeeping having one second (one second?!) on the clock at the end of the half because there is no excuse for stupid stupid penalties like Calixte took some 70 yarsd before that.........

.........Dickenson is great, picking receivers at will.............our O didn't fair too badly either, but I've got concerns over our defense........hmmmm, at least we hold onto third place for another week.......

...........anyway, good on the lions for going 7-0...........keep going and see how far it will last, something to look forward to..........

The Stamps are at least good enough to hold on to third place for the rest of the year. They just can't make so many turnovers. Ask the Riders about that.

You forgot, the stamps have the the Riders QB of last year. It come natural to him.

B.C. ................are for REAL!!...............but can they win the BIG one, remains the ??????????????????????????

Yay, Lions!

"The Lions fumble the ball, Calgary recovers!"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
"Calgary fumbles the ball, BC recovers!"
rthfgjty /Heartattack

Frick. We gave the Lions 24 points of turnovers. 24!!! After we stopped turning over the ball, we played alright. I can see what the D was doing - basically a bend-but-don't-break philosophy. Hands down, what killed us was giving them - literally - 24 free points in the first half. That, and the penalty by Calixte that turned what would have been a crucial 2-and-out into a BC first down (they scored a TD on that drive). what a STUPID penalty!!! Arrrgh!

Neither running game was too significant ... Warren had that one big run, and Reynolds had maybe one run over 10 yards, but it was mostly an air attack on both sides tonight. I don't know why the Stamps didn't run it more. Even if Reynolds was hurt, we have a competent backup in Ronny Jenkins.

But, honestly ... had we hung on to the football, we could very well have won that game! We only killed ourselves ... yikes.

.........Calixte should have to stand up in front of his team and apologize for his stupidity.........that was definately a turning point.........it was 24-10 at that time and BC was pressed deep, we could have taken the punt and who knows.....

.......there must be something more than public knowledge about Reynolds, I know he took punishment in the Winnipeg game and he is not at 100% but you'd have thunk the running game would have been more utilized than it was........thankfully Warren wasn't a huge threat on the ground but he more than made up for it by countering with his receiving ability.......

........BC could seriously go a distance with a perfect record.......Hamilton, Saskatchewan, Ottawa and (oui, pardon mon ami 3/10, maybe if it was on your turf) Montreal are all within BC's ability to beat leaving the game in Edmonton on the 24th the next real stumbling block for Dr. Dave and his lions.......

I fell asleep again, damn narcolepsy, and missed the whole thing. Its getting a little redumdant congratulating the Lions every week, somebody please knock them off already.

I'm pretty confident the ALS will "un-perfect" the Lions season in one of their two matchups. :x

I can't see the Lions going 18-0 ... I don't think that can happen (thankfully!)

They will learn from their mistakes maybe we can beat them when it counts in the playoffs.

Congradualtions to the Lions for the next 10 games there you go not more!

At this point of the season.................B.C.............looks AWESOME!

ree I'll admit the better team won lastnight. If my team continues to
improve and cutdown on the turnovers maybe will be there in Nov.

Congrats on keeping the streak alive.

...there you are!...lolz...haha

Dont worry...with the riders playing like cr@p... i wouldnt be surprise if your stamps take the 3rd spot...

.........bright side........we did outscore the lions 21 to 7 in the second half.......something to build on going into Montreal and TO.........

Correction it was 8 for the Lions , but only due to a blown call on the other BC touchdown. Replay showed he was not across the line of scrimmage. Should have been 21-14 second half points.

.........should have, could have, would have.........21-8 my correction........

Good call pennw. The Lions are really lucky that blown call didn't end up biting them in the ass. This game was not as close as the score indicated, with that blown touchdown contributing to that. I think the score flattered the Stamps. This game was never really in jeopardy for the Leos. Let's make it 8-0 against Hamilton baby! And let's make it 12 in a row at BC Place!

can't blame the loss on Henry....it was the balls .....although the Lions seemed to hold onto it alright....