BC screwed by brutal non-fumble call

In theory the command centre should be able to make a better call but in practice they get it wrong more than the guys on the field and I can't come up with a logical reason why that's the case.

I also have no love for the Lions..
But it is what it is..
Jake "the snake" Ireland.
Was never any good as a Ref on the field because he certainly was "bias" against The Ti-Cats.
All Ref's are to be totally neutral, without exception.
That freak was never like that when it came to our Cats.
Not a rumour..not a b/s story..very simple truth.
After he got the position at the Command Centre..
I thought.."christ" that a-hole is like a bad cold, that you can't get rid of.
He should be gone...period.

I've looked at that replay many times and I cannot see what the fuss is about. It might have been a fumble and it might not have been. The ball might have been out before the runner's rear hit the turf or it might not have come out before then.

The rule is that a "tie" goes to the ruling on the field.

Officiating flawlessly is hard if not impossible. BC had their chance to win the game on the final drive where they had a first and goal from the 6 yard line. This "fumble-or-not-a-fumble" was not the deciding play.

Why all the focus on a marginal play? Is it that the TSN announcers thought it was a fumble and the rest of us have a tendency to believe them because they say it with such authority?

Very true Caretaker; in essence before the fumble I figure the whistle had been blown as some posters have stated. With that said, the decision from the Command Centre didn't take long either.

Mr. Young... has the team followed up on another questionable call and (non) follow up by the League? The vicious hit and pile drive into the turf on Collaros by the Stamps that has Zach out of commission for 1 or more games with a concussion.

The repeating gif of the play on Drew Edward's 3DownNation, to me, clearly shows the Stamp pick Collaros up, take 2 steps and then pile drive Zach down into the ground.

No penalty at the time, no follow up fine or suspension by the League yet TiCat's Smith got nailed with a fine for a less serious, vicious or intent-to-injure hit on Stamp's QB Mitchell.

There have been many "unusual" calls on and off the field that leaves many fans shaking their heads and questioning the competence and/or integrity of the League... IMO.

Mr. Young... has the team followed up on another questionable call and (non) follow up by the League? The vicious hit and pile drive into the turf on Collaros by the Stamps that has Zach out of commission for 1 or more games with a concussion. The repeating gif of the play on Drew Edward's 3DownNation, to me, clearly shows the Stamp pick Collaros up, take 2 steps and then pile drive Zach down into the ground. No penalty at the time, no follow up fine or suspension by the League yet TiCat's Smith got nailed with a fine for a less serious, vicious or intent-to-injure hit on Stamp's QB Mitchell. There have been many "unusual" calls on and off the field that leaves many fans shaking their heads and questioning the competence and/or integrity of the League... IMO.
You will note that when I talk about officiating, I try to only pick examples that do not involve the Ticats. Trying to avoid fines. :wink:

The league is always working on improving our officiating, but it is hard to be perfect. And to be fair, while we do not do the reviews perfectly yet - the command center is correcting officiating calls that only a couple of seasons ago were not reviewed and therefore had no chance of being corrected.

I think it takes away from the game to put too much control in the hands of the command centre. Speaking of which, has anyone ever actually seen the "Command Centre"? I've always pictured a broom closet in the TSN offices :smiley:

I responded to this with a new thread:

[url=http://forums.ticats.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=102624#p2056285]viewtopic.php?f=5&t=102624#p2056285[/url]

Yes I guess that is what it works out to but only when there's a challenge.

In my case, it has nothing to do with what the announcers said. It’s just that from what i saw, I was and still am convinced that the ball came out before the ball carrier was down. I was extremely surprised when the on-field call was upheld.

More to the point is that is yet another questionable decision by the review official(s).