BC Releases Haugabook

BG, that’s the second time in 3 years you’ve agreed with me. Careful or you may start a trend. :lol:

An Argo-Cat fan

I’m flattered that you’re keeping track…lol.

Now answer the question. :stuck_out_tongue:

Trojan-guy: This may not be comforting to you, but the head coach in B.C. is without peer over the past two decades in identifying and grooming star QBs. If Wally says someone is not right for the CFL, he just might be onto something.

Firstly, Calvillo was the 4th rated QB in the league, even with injuries and problems at home. Theres still a good year or two left in him.

Secondly…Marcus Brady’s 2007 stats were significantly better than Casey Printers’s. 20 pts. higher rating, more passing yards.

I’d say the Cats have more to worry about.

If Casey doesnt produce after all the fanfare and chest thumping the franchise will take years to recover.

Casey has had 1 good season

AC is going to the HOF…

Better start praying yourself…

geeze als4ever you are so defensive. once anyone on this forum even thinks something about the als you rush to their defence. fact is, Anthony is probably in his final season, while Marcus is no prize pig. and what happened to Mike McMahon? is he the next coming of AC? is he even on the roster? with a full TC under his belt, Casey will be much better. Richie was our best QB last year, and played much better than Marcus Brady. We are hoping this Quentin Porter kid pans out, so we'll tell you what, give us a 6th round pick and you can take Chang :lol:

I don’t remember ever reading anything where Wally said Haugabook was not a good CFL-style QB. He was simply the odd man out in an overcrowded race for a position on that team. Haugabook was brought up because they recognized his abilities and thought he would do well. from what the lions fans told me, omar performed very well at training camp.

Im sure Printers will be just fine. Unfortunately, theres a rule that says that he can’t catch his own passes. Unless Obie pulls out a few rabbits out of his hat at receiver, Casey will be in a bit of trouble.

What leads you to beleive that Williams played MUCH Better than Brady? Their stats were pretty much the same. Williams was the cats best last year but competing against a finished Maas,a banged up Printers and possibly the worst QB to lace it up in the CFL since Kevin Feterik in Timmy Chang, well thats not that hard to do.

Based on what I’ve seen at camp, I think he may have done just that. Not that I’m planning the parade route yet (would be nice if it went past my house though).

I’ve always liked Marcus Brady, but he just can’t seem to cut it as a starter. I don’t think comparing his stats to Casey’s last year is really fair since

a)Casey only played in 3 games
b)You had Ben Cahoon.

First of all Calvillo didn’t play through any injuries, he tried to come back late in the year against Toronto and could barely throw the ball 35 yards which lead to fight between him and Popp which is the real reason he left for the remainder of the year.

Sure he could play for a few more years, but at the same level Maas played at for the last 2. They’d be best to just release him and start rebuilding, it’s gonna be a long year for you guys.

Couldnt be much longer than 3-15, 4-14, not to mention my personal favorite in 2004 1-17.

BTW…Calvillo battle a shoulder injury for the middle third of the season.

Ya wanna know something…the Als may be rebuilding but even then they still make the playoffs every year. 12 straight years. One sub .500 season. Six first place finishes. One Grey Cub, three GC appearances. No matter what happens this year, they have been the class of the east over the last decade.

Calvillo is on the downside of his great career. But this year will be a long one for Montreal not just because of Calvillo's decline but also the guys around him. Chu is on his last legs--they allowed a league high 68 sacks last year while the D only sacked the opposition QBs 36 times, just ahead of the Cats. The biggest off-season addition, Warrick hasn't played since 2006. HC Trestman is new too--who knows if he can get it done.

Sorry, 8-10 last season and not as good this year. I see the Als in 4th.

An Argo-Cat fan

Are you sincerely happy with that? Als are the Atlanta Braves of the CFL. Great reg. seasons with almost no rings to show for it.