BC Players take Arrogance Trophy from us....

....after accusing players like Lewis and Copeland of being arrogant and unrespectful towards the Lions check out some of these quotes after the after the BC loss yesterday:

Tyrone Williams: "I'm not going to take credit away from them, but if that's the best they got they're in for a butt-whipping when they come to see us on the 12th."

Jason Clermont: "You can put in a lot of things and make them prepare for all of them, but we didn't show them a whole lot."

Paris Jackson: "I don't think any message has been sent [by Calgary],"

Carl Kidd: "This game don't mean nothing"

....perhaps posters like deb and RLR should teach their own players some manners instead of accusing other team's players of the same.....

The statment by their coach was not much better.

The difference is, what the Leos said was true.

....in your orange clouded world....these words reek of arrogance, and could easily come back to haunt these men who don't show respect for their betters....

I think anything you have quoted there pales compared to the trash Hopeless and Trick were putting up two weeks ago, but to put a finer point on it, how can this even be considered as trash talk:

Jason Clermont: "You can put in a lot of things and make them prepare for all of them, but we didn't show them a whole lot."
All Clermont says in that comment is, the Lions didn't put in any new wrinkles and they played a more vanilla offense/defence than they could have. That isn't trash, so much as likely an accurate observation.

....sure, he says that after the game, after they lose and what else is he going to say?...."man, we tried everything"...?....I doubt it, making excuses in my book....

....do you think Wally comes to Calgary to lose?....on purpose?...please....enough of this vanilla stuff....one week he's saying it's his job to do whatever he can to slaughter the other team and the next week he's playing a vanilla game to 'take it easy on those guys'....please, again....

....the Lions came here to win, to rub our noses in it again more than likely because that's what Wally likes to do, especially in his old stomping grounds that he was wrongly run out of....but they lost....they did not get beat by a lot but they were beat all the same...and afterwards their large craniums couldn't deal with that fact and they come up with this stuff to soften the blow to their bruised egos....

I am not going to disagree with what you are saying, except I still don't see it as trash talk.
After the game, players get interviewed.
They say stuff.
What you have here is, at best banal, if you are looking for trash.
So yeh, okay, a few cliches, a few, oh the game doesn't matters, and what not. Because, as you point out, what else are they going to say.
But you know what, in a game that means more to Calgary just because it is at home, let alone it clinches 2nd, plus JJ is QB in the stretch, and you only win by a TD?
I am thinking that Paris jackson's statement, far from being trash, was a pretty fair assessment.

And aside from the relatively mild comment from Williams, it wasn't all that trashy....

Nope.
What I am saying is, I think the arrogance crown is still yours.
And I am willing to bet that Higgins has already told Hopeless to keep his trap shut!

They better enjoy those comments while they can because a month from now when they get knocked out of the western semi they won't be able to use them again.

....I'm just burned by the lack of respect, but respect must be earned and if this last game didn't do it then I guess winning the semi, final and GC will just have to do....

As Arius said, you played against JJ for the second half, and you still only won by a TD (which would have been a single if MaCallum hadn't shanked those two field goals).

Now, if Paul had hit the FG's, and then a single into the endzone, we'd have been looking at an OT game...a game in which the Leos just weren't trying very hard.

We'll see what things are like when the Leos do try hard, and we're back to our #1 and #1a QB's.

...if the leos weren't trying very hard that's too bad for them, maybe they should play every game like it means something before that faux pas catches up with them...

.....as for JJ playing, that wasn't by choice, Buck was injured by an agressive pass rush.....and really, after Buck's initial (and impressive I might add) drive he was ineffective as well....we or the Ri oders can just as easily hurt DD and BP again and then where are your guys going?....

.....and really, what does the score of the game matter?....the arguments I am hearing would be exactly the same if the game was won by one point or 84 points...."meaningless game", "Leos weren't trying too hard", "Backup QB", "Wally felt sorry for the Stamps and took it easy"....nothing would have changed the Leos and their fans egos.....only a loss in the playoffs or the GC will bring you guys to earth.....if that doesn't happen and the Lions win the GC this year then all that pride is warranted....its a long road and there are many places to stumble along the way carrying that heavy load...

Too true, but I will continue to support, and hope that the Leos take it to you on the 12th, and to whoever else in Winnipeg. :slight_smile:

.....I respect your alligence and hope too it is a worthy game where both teams show up and the best team wins...whoever ends up in Winnipeg, be they orange, red or green will slaughter the eastern effort...

didn't Jackson score more points while playing then Pierce?

If not it was pretty damn well close.

Agree with you Red, and even though I should be giving the Riders more respect, I still hope the Stamps make it and we get the "Offensive Track Meet" I was looking for back on Oct 6!

Sounds like you are expecting football players to be humble!!!!!
Never gonna happen!

...never humble...good gracious no....but respectful yes....

C'mon Red you know they let your team win , they were just being good sports that's all.

As for hurting QB's the Riders could just as easily lay out your man , Burris , too , ya know they don't like him at all.

...the riders have threatened in the past and never made good on those threats....blowing smoke, blowing smoke....