BC Place

Watching the Argos/Ticats game got me thinking BC should look into getting large banners of former players to cover over some of the seats like the Argos have. It doesn't look like a new stadium is coming any time soon and I hate seeing all the empty seats. Atleast on tv the Rogers Centre doesn't look to bad with 30 000 or so in the seats with the way they have it set up.

Why not a banner with fans on it? Then it looks like there are people using the seats.

I wish I'd thought of that! :wink:

Allthough, you gave me an idea....How about Grey Cup banners! :wink:

I like what the Argos do. Slowly but surely they are upgrading BC Place. We put in digital power rings (2 of them) for this season and they look very good.

Yes Keith Pelley with the Argos has done a remarkable job in (make over)converting what is otherwise a bad place to watch football, or any other sporting event.
It is unfortunate he will be leaving at year end, although there is nothing official.
Who ever takes over better continue with this trend.

The difference between the Lions and Argos is that the Argos can leave those banners on the seats all year long, while the Lions would have to take them off come playoff team every year.

BC Place would look better if they could fill the stadium... :wink: :lol: :lol:

I think this is the real point. Why can't the Lions, Eskies and Argos fill their stadiums? Why isn't Montreal filling the Olympic Stadium? The CFL has achieved stability. Now its gotta grow!

Not correct at all, there is another team called the Toronto Blue Jays That play in the stadium.

And they probably won't like having those Argo, and Player banners over the seats at all. Esp Since the seating configuration is different for both.

As far as the Lions, Eskies and Argos filling their stadiums, their venues sit over 50K plus. Their attendance stats have been more than respectable. The Als don't play in Olympic stadium..thats why they don't fill it. Molson Stadium only sits 20k, that's why they "boast" sell outs. There are plans to extend the seats there.

Lets not get into another per captia fan support argument with fans from BC, Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal. As we know where it will go. It will be why can’t the riders fill there small stadium, every game. Those teams in particular don’t like to have the lack of fan support pointed out to them.

While I am glad the league is doing better overall in attendance and on television, I have to think that there has to be better ways to fill these big stadiums, then what is happening now.

Not interested in the per capita debate either. In the past, signing big American stars has filled the seats. But the salary cap system has put a lid on that. Getting the sports writers on side would help. Better promotion. A few more American football stars. More grass roots amateur football.

Bc place:

-remove the air-supported bubble roof and install a retractable roof, imagine sitting in bc place under the lights in a nice august evening.

-create a better sound system and get a decent jumbotron.

-try and move the seats closer to the field to make it more intimate.

-new fieldturf.

-last but not least, can the Leos just go back to their old uniforms, the current one are a disaster. You cant go wrong with silver and black.

I haven't been there in years but when I was there (late 80's), I thought it was a great venue. Might of had something to do with the Riders winning there more often than not!!! :smiley:

Maybe it's showing its age now or hasn't kept up with technology but I liked going there.

It's not a bad CFL venue at all. They've done some minor upgrades. Obviously I wish we had a brand new stadium but for the BC Lions I think it will be good for quite some time.

And let me tell you, being a season-ticket holder and going to playoff games, it gets mighty loud in the dome come playoff time!

Bc place:

-remove the air-supported bubble roof and install a retractable roof, imagine sitting in bc place under the lights in a nice august evening.

-create a better sound system and get a decent jumbotron.

-try and move the seats closer to the field to make it more intimate.

-new fieldturf.

-last but not least, can the Leos just go back to their old uniforms, the current one are a disaster. You cant go wrong with silver and black.

Do you live here in Vancouver?

-BC Place can't have a retractable roof because of the construction of the walls. Also the seats would all have to be replaced.
-A new jumbotron was added a couple of years ago. Sound system is being upgraded for the Olympics.

• Nothing wrong with the seats, sightlines are very good.
    -Field turf is new.
    -Uniforms are a matter of taste but most locals associate the Lions with orange. Black uniforms are as cliche as teal was. With the exception of the Raiders, any uniform in black is usually pretty ugly.

There's really only one problem with BC Place and that is how hot it gets in the summer.

the field turf is used and the old expos field turf. the uniforms are weird, if your gonna go with white helmets and jerseys, why not use white pants with it?

man, that one made me laugh hard! Montreal should have used that trick when less than 4000 people were watching Expos game in their last year! :twisted:

I like their Third Jerseys with Black or Silver Helmets.

Just paint the seats different colours and it will look as if there are people in them.