BC Place now has the mystique...

Those were the good ole days. You had to scream at the person beside you so they could hear you. Amazing how Pezim and Skalbania almost killed football in Vancouver.

Maybe we can borrow Loonie Gliebermans Mardi Gras Idea…LOL

Nah I hate that Mardi Gras promo. Besides Pamela came to the games because she was a Lions fan. It was a special football moment everytime they showed her on the big screen jumping up and down after a touchdown. Mmm......Pamela....live action. Beats the heck out of watching the convert.

30,825? Id be embarassed to have that at commonwealth, we had almost 39,000 last game and 37,000 at a pre season game versus the bombers, 30,825 is alright compared to some of the teams, but once you start bringing in almost 40,000 then bc place can get its " mystique " , but i cant deny it's a tough place to play because you guys have a very good team, but it takes more that 2 sesaons to make a fabled stadium, 30 plus years of making the playoffs will do it. bravo to a great start bc, it will be a shame when you lose in the western finals.. it really will be.

It will be an even bigger shame when the Esks lose in the semi-finals.

With the Grey Cup in Vancouver this season, imagine the home field advantage the BC Lions would have if they get back to the Grey Cup game.

…what about Pamela Wallen?, ex-CTV newscaster and current consul-general to Canada’s New York Bureau, gotta keep old guys like Sporty happy too!!..Pamela you Wa-City chick you…if anyoen can tell me what/where Wa-City ifI’ll wash your car and shine it, not with that cheap wax either, real Carnuba wax from Cuba…hahahaha…who wants a fights?!, ya BC Lion fan guys you…araragahathad…last night of summer-wif-gone to cabbin bachlerood…oh crap there goes my spelling…

yes… well the Esks have not had the same history as the Lions… they did not have an owner run the team into the ground… almost force it to fold… and leaving it in finacial ruins… and considering that only 3 or 4 years ago our avg was under 20,000 it’s a big improvement… and in the 80’s the Lions would have been embarassed to have only 39,000 as we used to draw in many more… in any case… with the numbers increasing at a good pace it should only be a matter of a few years before we overtake the Esks. in avg attendance…

And as far as the West final goes… your team has to get there first… while BC’s spot is almost locked up already :lol: and i’m not sorry to say… that your Esks. will NOT get past the west finals… as the Grey Cup game is for good teams only :wink: :lol:

Can you IMAGINE if the Lions played in the Grey Cup at BC Place in November?!?! Guarenteed sell-out, and it would be so noisy I could guarentee at least 5 procedure penalties on the opposing team. When there are a lot of people in the stands, there is no louder CFL stadium than BC Place. It's actually getting quite the reputation around the league as a tough place to play. 11 wins in a row could probably back that up.

While I was once of the opinion that BC Place was a dump, I have now learned to love the home of the Lions. It's getting character, It's getting louder, and hopefully with upgrades for the 2010 olympics it will get better. It sure as hell is a lot more modern than most other CFL stadiums around.

I don't mind the Lions Den at all. And you're right...it can be deafening. The Western Final was electric.

I hate BC Place. The reason the lions are 11-0 at home, is because the other teams can't breath in that enclosed air tight hyperbarric chamber. It also really stinks in there. At least the Skydome ( Rogers Centre) can open, mind you all you get is smog, but nontheless, it is outside air.

Its hard to recover when we had some “Questionable owners” (See Pezim and Skalbania) . It’s taking a while, but we’re slowly getting back to the way things were from the 80’s.