BC looks very beatable

i love the cats dont get me wrong. but i cant see beating the BC Lions at BC Place in front of all their fans, when we can't even beat the argos at home. i just cant see it happening yet.

Hey, I thought it would be impossible to lose to Toronto on our turf but that happened. There just no is looking beatable in the CFL. I thought Calgary would beat Montreal for sure, nope. Thought Edmonton would beat Winnipeg by a landslide. Nope. Thought SSK would kill BC. Nope. Unpredictable, teams that look good on paper (Ticats) may not be as good as teams that don't (BC).

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Have some optimism! BC is not invincible! We go in there with a plan and execute, we can beat any team in this league!
The way some cat fans are talking maybe we should not even send the team to the game because we already lost. And you call yourselves cats fans.

We’re putting a novice team and novice coach (Ticats + Beullfille) against a very successful team as of late with one of the best, if not THE best head coach of all time (Lions + Buono). If they had a hard time executing against the argo’s, they’re gunna have a hell of a time tryna beat the Lions. A win is possible, just not very likely.

What's possible and what's probable are two very different things. Yes...it's possible that the Cats could upset the Lions and shock the hell out of everyone. But what's probable is that the Lions (who will be hungry for redemption from last weeks loss) will easily beat the Cats. The only real weakness I see on the Lions is their O-line is no longer providing Pierce (or Jackson) with hours of protection. The loss of Murphy and Bates is being felt. The question is for how long will it be felt. Whereas the weaknesses on the Cats side is too numerous to mention.

Still?? I can always hope for the best.

BC still put up 24 against SSK while giving up 7 turnovers.

If they cut that down to even 3, they could be scoring 40+ points against our defense.

Sorry, but BC doesn't look beatable for the Cats. I hope I am wrong but we should forfeit the game, save the airfare and prepare 2.5 weeks for Winnipeg.

BC 32 Hamilton 27 If we get no D-Line Help and Middle Linebacker plays Bad..
BC 21 Hamilton 24 If The Team plays as one.

Let me correct you on the first one. If we get no D-Line help and MLB looks bad…
BC 32 Hamilton-14

Ti Cats won't get there first win until they play Winnipeg they look like they are still in training camp,but I hope I'm wrong. I believe this team will be good in the second half of the season hopefully it won't be to late. :? :?

Hope you’re picking Hamilton to lose. Looks like you get every other game wrong.

Any QB that throws 3 INT's is a beatable team in my opinion.

Even though I am calling for an upset and for the Cats to win in BC, I do also recall how the Cats have played surprisingly well In Vancouver at least during the Danny Mac and Darren Flutie days.
But and if the opposite happens and should the Cats get smoked, then I say it is not too early to start looking at Coach B.
As great of a guy that he is, last year under him the team went what 1 and 7. GM O'Bie signs him to a contract to coach and based on what criteria? He may be a good coordinator like Rich Stubler was, but a head coach. The jury is out and look what happened to Stubler.
This team in light of history and just like my Argos, need to turn this thing around this year and cannot have a head coach learning on the job as another mistake like coach B well there is no time frame for this.

I don't see BC as being very beatable at all. They moved the ball well against a good defense. Our defense looked really bad against a poor offense not once but 2 consecutive weeks. That doesn't bode well for a good defensive night by the Cats IMO. Defensively BC looked bad if you discount the turnovers so our offense could have a good night providing they protect the ball. Its a winable game but I still don't like our chances

Porter has to steal the game and basically have a career type numbers of 400+ yards and 3-4TD throws.

I think the Cats have a very good shot in BC. Despite the first quarter of the first game, the Cats defence was very stout and once they settled down were fundamentally sound and solid. I watched the BC/Sask game and BC's O-line was not very good. Buck was running for his life / taking big hits. This bodes well for the Cats' D-line who played a solid game against the A___'s.

That said, I think the Cats will have to post more than 17 points to win. I was pleased to see that Porter was looking to P-Rod for the jump ball a few times in the first game. Even though only one was complete, (the TD) there was an overthrow on the south sideline and an early look in the end zone that Porter didn't throw (smartly). If Porter can adjust his reads to be a little quicker on his release, and not be afraid to step up into the pocket and throw (instead of running when pressured like he did in the first game) the offence will generate more points.

Based upon what I saw of both teams in the first games, the Cats have a HUGE edge in special teams play.

Can't wait to see the game.

Oh yeah, even though I like the blitz from the edge that the Cats have been using, they got BURNED by the draw a number of times by TO's RBs. With one LB blitzing leaving only 2 LBs to fill gaps, the potential for big plays by backs that can get to the second level is always there. I guess that's why there is the saying, "live by the blitz, die by the blitz."

If we wanna win we better put at least 30+ points on the board. I highly doubt we'll hold them to 20 or lower. Most importantly, we need to keep our offence on the field as much as possible to tire the BC D. When the D's tired, alot easier to score.

I think the Lions are beatable this week. Ticats are starting Jamal at LB and he know the Lions, Pearce was scrambling all night against the Riders.
Cobb will be on special teams and at RB. The Lions will be preparing for Porter but Glen with the experience will start and surprise them.

It'll take an upset for the Cats to beat BC. Sure, BC lost a ton of quality players off their 2008 team but they still have some excellent players and the league's best HC. Plus they'll be at home.

Cats over the Lions? It's possible but a longshot.

An Argo-cat fan

Everyone says "A BC team that gave up 6 turnovers got 24 points", but might I remind you that they were also given 9, and they only got 24 points? 24 points off 9 turnovers looks quite beatable to me :wink: