BC Lions worst nightmare comes true- Playoff game in Regina

True, true, but had your team had not got the bounces, which let’s face it is the difference between the two teams, you would be joining us right now. And no I will not trade for the bandwagon jumping green glasses that everybody claims to have been wearing for the last twenty years.

I would say that BC winning 2/3 this year, and one at TF would make them the favourite. It should be a close game either way, I would be very surprised to see either team not prepared to play next Saturday.

No, the difference between the two teams is that we have a good D and you guys do not…

But what did you say the year before that? Im guessing you said the same thing. Your crystal ball is no better than tossing a coin probably lol. So what are you putting up as a guarantee?

Bounces? Let’s see. 12-6 in 2007, Grey Cup champs. 12-6 in 2008, and 2nd place, with the second best record in the league. Meanwhile, Hamilton, was 3-15 last year, 3-15 this year. But it is just a few bounces separate these teams… yikes!!
Anyway, good luck next year. I think Marcel is a good young coach and a class act, and I predicted he’d be a head coach someday.

WE got bounces and breaks .....My, aren't the Riders lucky....

i’d rather be lucky than good anyway…

[quote="deflated"]WE got bounces and breaks .....My, aren't the Riders lucky....[/quot

Hmmm the only breaks I remember us getting this year were 7 of them.................. Broken legs that is

So you are saying the Riders did not get any bounces, any breaks and that they did not have to get lucky to be where they are.
I will preface by saying that yes, indeed there has to be some skill to be in the position to get the breaks, that they got.

No team can have has many broken legs and what not and go 6-0 in the first stretch. That was luck that they got as far as they did, 3-3 would be a better indication. Aside from one play in a lot of the games, they were outplayed, but managed to pull it out.

No team should be able to roll with 4 different plug quarterbacks and still be able to win 12 games.

Now my Tiger-Cats, we had injuries like you guys, not to the extent however.
Our team got in the same situations your team did in the fourth quarter with a chance to win.
We outplayed a lot of our opponents for a lot of the game, and if not for one mental collapse, a bad call, or one big play from the other team, we would have one. You guys it seemed would get the good calls, or have the one big play that would ice the cake after another bad offensive outing.

I don't think he is saying the Riders didn't get breaks, but you really can't compare a 12-6 team in the West to a 3-15 team in the east. I'd say there is a lot more that separates the two than "breaks".

No, the Lions worse nightmare is Hako Rousli wearing a bikini around the locker room. The Riders fans nightmare is losing back to back games to the Lions and then having them come to town to rout the home team.

P.S. John Chick's nightmare is the International House of Pancakes running out of Belgian waffles.

True there is a slight difference, but it is a lot closer than you’d like to think. We lost a lot of close games and you won a lot of close games.

exactly, all teams get breaks–good and bad. But it is not coincidence that good teams seem to get more “good” breaks, and even when they get “bad” breaks somehow find ways to win. Of our 12 wins this year, I think maybe the 2nd Winnipeg game, or the TO game are about the only ones where we didn’t really play well enough, but won anyway. I know as a Ticat fan, you think we got a “break” when that ball got punched out at the goaline, but fact is, we outplayed Hamilton most of the game, and made a big play to win it. It isn’t a “break” when the refs know the rules and apply them properly (ok, maybe in the CFL it seems that way, but…)
Another game was the Calgary game where we only won 22-21. Some people say we got a “break” when they missed a long field goal to win it. First, if its long, the odds of a miss are pretty good. Second, we completely outplayed Calgary in the 1st half and were never behind in that game. That isn’t “a break” and 3rd, it was a " break" on a hail mary that gave Calgary that last second chance, and it isn’t a "good " break for us if they couldn’t capitalize. Etc. Etc.
You don’t go 24-12 over two seasons, including a championship because of a few “breaks” anymore than you go 6-30 because of a few “bad breaks”.

And the difference from top to bottom is always a lot closer than a lot of people think. The ability to win close games is a skill, not a break. It is something you learn how to do.

In the end, the Regular Season means nothing except for home field and byes to Conference finals. Truly, Hamilton is not close to being a good CFL team as their record proves. At this point they shouldn't even be a part of the discussion.

The Riders are a solid team that are the defending champs, playing at home with all their starters returning. They should easily defeat a staggering BC squad and move on, unless they choke. I would suspect the 30,000 screaming Rider fans in the ballpark will expect the same.

D30

Oh no they have to play in front of 30,000 people outdoors, when most of our players played in front of 60,000 people in outdoor college stadiums. Scarrrry, I think the only thing that might hurt the Lions is the smell of that dump of a stadium.

Gonna make you guys pay for last season, gonna make you all go home and watch us take out Calgary in the West Final.

btw the Lions aren't staggering. Who lost the home and home again to the Lions? One less win, thats the only difference. Riders are going down.

I seem to remember a 2000 Grey Cup team that finished 3rd winning the Grey Cup with what i believe was a 9-9 record, the BC Lions.

We didn't have Jason Clermont either, wait and see if he returns. Enjoy the home semi-final and watching your team lose, make sure to tape corner gas on your VCR's, don't forget to set the timer and adjust those rabbit ears to get CTV properly. You don't want a poor quality recording.

Has the VCR even come to Saskatchewan yet?

Nope. They don’t even have televisions over there. :roll: Honestly, Swervy, quit rehashing the same garbage…

Hey, Chief, that's his "A" material. Quit knocking it! And just wait, as the week winds down, rumour has it he's gonna break out a................................wait for it...............................................farmer joke!

I believe he's already made a farmer joke in the trash talk thread. I guess his A material ran dry faster than he expected...