BC Lions wear Orange Uniforms for home and away

I would like to see BC LIONS make arrangements with all teams they play and visit, that BC will be wearing
their Orange Uniforms for all home and away games to honor Indigenous Peoples and Children and Missing and Murdered Women
Indigenous Peoples ceremony and dance or Cultural events to promote understanding and reconciliation and love for Indigenous Peoples and Canada and Our Unique Game, before each game
Give away tickets to Native Elders and Children from nearby communities, for each CFL game BC Lions play home and away :heart::100:
If you agree with me , please join me and email BC Lions or CFL head office with your support for this idea ! Thank you

fanservices@bclions.com

4 Likes

Good idea. I saw many orange shirts on Canada Day here in Ottawa.
Didn’t feel like celebrating too much this year...

1 Like

there are many other ways to remember, honor and reach out. I dont think this should be one of them. The Lions could find other ways including encouraging fans to wear orange.

2 Likes

Why not have an orange patch of remembrance and respect on all uniforms not just those of one team?

5 Likes

Or that too !!

I'm regretting posting my idea about the BC Lions wearing their Orange Uniforms
I posted on CFL groups I belong too , looking at their group membership, I opened myself up to 20,000 people
The Lions are the only team that has Orange jerseys and plus where I am is where the first of many more children were discovered here in Kamloops and BC Lions hold their training camp here too , being an Native Elder , I thought it might be a good idea but considering the polite negative remarks on here , some disagree and that's ok
I'm more hurt by the racist private messages my idea has generated from CFL groups,
I posted , I might just end up deleting my posts if people just want to say very hurtful words to me instead

2 Likes

There was nothing wrong with your suggestion. It's a noble idea that I applaud you for. Don't change a thing. You have my support

3 Likes

I liked the idea and I don't see why it can't be done in addition with any other ideas people come up with. No other team wears a colour remotely close to BC's orange, so there won't be any confusion on the field. The indigenous song and dance and pre-game entertainment idea could add to the festival atmosphere while also bringing awareness. And I hate to admit it, but the Argos will have plenty of free tickets to give away to Six Nations kids. :man_shrugging:t2:

A common argument I hear people make against wearing orange is "No! It accomplishes nothing! Do something that actually helps!"

Or... you could do both? Wear orange while doing something about it? Genius.

Seriously? The team whose merchandise is all orange needs to encourage its own fan base to wear it? I suspect they'll be wearing orange already mate.

2 Likes

I m sure the fans will already be wearing orange and more will do so because of currents issues. I am suggesting the team and the league can find many other ways than for the Lions to simply wear home uniforms to every game. Other suggestions made are good.

1 Like

Good Idea and there is native players in the cfl . Not sure about on bc lions but i know ticats have 3 players who are part native, Dane Evans and Maleek Irons are two of the Ticats that are part native

4 Likes

Agree with Dave, keep posting.
I have no issue with your idea!

2 Likes

BC should wear replica uniforms comparable to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Put a lion head in place of the pirate with a sword in his mouth.

Please do not remove your post, your sentiment is honorable. I believe each team should also ware an orange patch or sticker on their helmet with ECM on it. Sadly I also believe these discoveries are just the beginning, I most certainly hope not but still very afraid of the reality. Carey please stand true to your thoughts. Much respect

2 Likes