BC Lions local blackout of first FIVE games

Tickets for kids (under 18) in the endzone should be $10.00

$10.00 ? i do not think you can get into a minor league ball game for that price.

a movie does not even cost $10.00

Whatever a movie costs should be pretty close to the cheapest seat. So what? $15?

But he did say for a kid… so IMO, endzone seats should be $20 or $25 for adults and 1/2 price for accompanying kids.

I know it sounds like its not worth it but I remember being 14 and going to Ball games for five bucks and that’s how you get new fans. You got to get them in as young as possible IMO. IF a group of teenagers make the effort to go the game, let them in cheap and let them build the habit. One day they are the ones who will get a few buddies together and buy the 100 dollar tickets.

Sounds about right somewhere between 10 and 15 bucks.

I think games should not be blacked out. The CFL is a small league with only 4 games each week going up against other big leagues with much more exposure. Without TV exposure we will lose young and new fans over time. We lost a generation because of blackouts in Southern Ontario. If your not on TV you may as well not exist.

With the new TV contract there should be no excuse to black-out games.

I think TV black outs and the whole "Toronto World Class city" thing eroded the argo fan base more than the Blue Jays did as baseball is boring as watching paint dry.

Godfather

You got to wonder how TSN feels about getting their viewership chewed up after giving the league its richest TV contract ever or in a very long time. As for BC fans they must wonder why they are being targeted when the other team DB owns has less paying fans but no blackouts.

I sure hope that TSN has a clause in the contract that will not allow black-outs, especially in the 3rd largest market in the country. The sponsors would be ticked also.

When I was a young kid, I became a fan of the Ticats because it was nice to have a home team to root for and because I got to see games on TV. Now I am a season ticket holder. Today’s kids, if they don’t see CFL on TV then they become fans of the San Fran 49ers and Dallas Cowboys - cities that they have never been to, never will go to, and have no attachment to.

Please reconsider the black-outs Senator Braley

You and HfxTC have hit the nail on the head with this one. Blackouts combined with high ticket prices at the stadium are a great way NOT to grow a fanbase in a local community. The potential young fans of today’s generation are bombarded with exposure to the so-called “big leagues” of American-based pro sports and will likely become fans of those leagues into their adulthood . The CFL should do everything they can to instill a tradition in these young fans by giving them max exposure using every and all methods at their disposal in order to combat this. Blackouts and high ticket prices are not one of them

Grandstand seating at Nat Bailey Stadium for Vancouver Canadians baseball is $12.50 a ticket. The Nat’s regularly a packed house.

Probably the sweet spot.

I don’t know what map your looking at but there are nowhere near 40-45,000 tickets sold. If your looking at the ticketmaster site remember that the Lions are only using one side of the upper deck this year so most of the other upperdeck seating shows up as “unavailable” because they truly are unavailable, not because someone has purchased seats there.

Which is why I don’t completely agree with the blackouts in Vancouver. The team chooses to limit ticket sales to a little better than 50% of the stadium, with a great number of the available tickets already sold there’s no real excuse for it to be blacked out. BC Place will never sell out during the regular season the team especially can’t expect a sell out if the tickets aren’t available for purchase. Hell unless its the Grey Cup BC Place won’t sell out. There were still a heck of a lot of empty seat at the West Final last 2 years.

I love BC Place, one of my favorite places to be in Canada but its just too big for regular use by the CFL.

sorry , thanks for the heads up ------ I was assuming the whole stadium was in use and the seats were sold that showed unavailable ------not so I guess . Still looks like a good crowd though on ticketmaster --lower bowl is pretty much gone I think. --------The Argo’s wish they could be so lucky .

Can you imagined if the 8 teams soon to be 9 exercised their rights to blackout games. How much damage they would do to their broadcasting partner ? Even just Braley and Wettenhaul alone could cut access to the 3 largest markets in the country.

[watermelon]Neither of them can cut access to the biggest CFL market… Saskatchewan. The Riders get the largest ratings, have the best fans and are the best Grey Cup hosts.[/watermelon]

No sure Corporations who pay for national advertising agree but have another [watermelon] :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you guys know that back in 1983 - 87 when the lions were the toast of the town that every game was blacked out at home on ctv, or cbc, did not matter how many were sold ( even western final sold out games) and people still came because it was affordable not because they could not see it on tv, the black out rule has been going for years , even the NFL if they do not sell 95 percent of there tickets there is no local game on tv, to this day it is still the same, so please people the black out is not the problem, it is the ticket prices.

…couldn’t agree more

I see what you did there :lol: