BC Lions @ Edmonton Eskimos

The challenge flags are killing me.

BTW, Esks exposed all the weak areas of the Lions.

OLINE - D, giving up the big play.

Not even 1/2 through the season and the Esks have taken the season series tie breaker.

Is the league determined to permanently turn Greater Vancouver off the CFL??

Make no mistake, BC DESERVED to lose the game, they simply weren't as good as Edmonton. But those 4 command centre decisions just left me dumfounded, including Edmonton's 2-pt convert attempt in which BC's Buddy Jackson was clearly interfering with the Edmonton receiver (face guarding).

The league has a real credibility issue with so many people that I know. But TV ratings were going to be huge for this game - it had a really big buzz in this market of 2.6 million. This game was won't bring people back to the great game of CFL football. Thanks command centre!

Yet the commissioner’s jock-sniffing tour of CFL locker rooms continues. . . . . obliviously!

Tougher & tougher to officiate CFL games.

Head refs usually have a modicum of football comprehension - but their application is questionable!

Rest of the zebes r usually fops off the street; most of them r lost in space on a CFL field.

Listen, an old psychopath like 'brozie ain't gonna listen to me, only to those mopes who write his cheques but if he asked I'd recommend:

1. 3 to 4 on-field officials to regulate off-sides, player demeanour, ejections & ball-spotting

2. I'd have 4 to 6 guys at various points in the stadium (NOT CFL COMMND) to monitor hits, contact, PI, roughing TP, block from behind, no yards, out of bounds, fumbles, completes or incompletes, etc.

Our game is far too complex for 7 zebes running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Lets change the dynamic - BEFORE ITS TOO LaTE :cowboy:

No matter what they do or your or anyone suggests, the complaints about officiating will never end - humans make mistakes and make interpretations that will displease someone. Might as well do away with challenges, command centre and off-field officials because it appears to make no difference from an overall fan perspective or the fan assessment of officiating.

As for your suggestion of removing even more officiating from the field-of-play - going the wrong direction IMHO.

It was a decent game, congrats once again to the better team in this one the Eskies, but I’m not a fan of the challenges for PI, I’d like to see them get rid of it. Zylstra, wow, what a pickup for the Eskies! Smart move on their part to get ahold of this dude. :o

[b]rhymes with orange wrote:[/b] The league has a real credibility issue with so many people that I know.
Well whatever, I see so many stupid calls in the NHL and NFL it's not funny, no consistency at all and as well the strike zone in MLB which is a joke from game to game and ump to ump, the CFL is absolutely no different. So if people want to call out the CFL on "credibility" due to refs when other leagues have similar issues, then they just are trying to find an excuse not to want to watch the CFL for whatever reason, who knows. I sure don't. I mean in the NHL I still don't exactly know what a hooking call is with the stick, changes during a game with the same refs and from game to game. But I'm not going to call this "credibility" because that's not what it is. Bad reffing? Maybe, but maybe it's just part of sports, period.

Now PI in the NFL. That’s so inconsistent as well…

Now:

Make baseball better? Here are your ideas (serious and not so much)

Ball and strikes, with a nod to Joe West: "Major League Baseball will continue to lose credibility the longer it allows balls and strikes to be called by human umpires. If professional tennis can use technology to determine whether a ball traveling at a very high speed landed in the court of play, which is objectively defined, the same can be done in baseball to determine if a ball crossing the plate is in the strike zone, which is also objectively defined. The MLB and its fans deserve better than to let the varying and temperamental judgment of the likes of Joe West unnecessarily affect game outcomes." -- John Grimes, Minneapolis.
[url=http://www.startribune.com/make-baseball-better-here-are-your-ideas-serious-and-not-so-much/434955563/]http://www.startribune.com/make-basebal ... 434955563/[/url]

This could be interpreted as “credibility” as well:

Watch: Blue Jays’ Stroman, Martin, Gibbons ejected in same inning

Three Toronto Blue Jays were ejected for arguing balls and strikes during the fifth inning of Thursday’s afternoon game against the Oakland Athletics.
Home plate umpire Will Little was inconsistent during the first four innings of action and both the Blue Jays and Athletics voiced their displeasure with his strike zone. Little eventually had enough of the complaints, though, and he ejected Gibbons early in the top of the fifth inning.

Then, moments after Gibby was ejected, Stroman and Martin were visibly upset about Little’s ball four call and the two stood there in disbelief. It was tough to tell what Stroman said, but whatever it was Little felt it was enough to eject not only Stroman, but Martin too.

[url=https://tipofthetower.com/2017/07/27/watch-blue-jays-stroman-martin-gibbons-ejected/]https://tipofthetower.com/2017/07/27/wa ... s-ejected/[/url]

Teams like Eskies & Stumps have always had superior pipelines to U.S. players(ie.Zylstra)
Bombers & Regina often find injured gems & first line players but their access to depth is limited. I honestly believe U.S. players look at the alberta progrms as more serious than the prairie dogs - thats the main problem

aerial - re: MLB - don't go by angel hernandez when it comes to MLB umpires.

The guy is sicker than Don Trump in the midst of a 3am tweet storm!

Even Buck & the other mope were holding back on how crazed angel has become!

Grow up. It’s no wonder the Rider fan site banned you.