BC Lions Beer

2008-08-26 08:28:00 RUSSELL BREWING MEDIA RELEASE:

(Vancouver) Russell Brewing launches the new BC Lions Lager brand today. This landmark partnership marks the first time that a Canadian professional sports team has partnered with a microbrewery to develop a proprietary beer brand.

“We are very excited to introduce the BC Lions Lager brand? said Andrew Harris, president, Russell Brewing Company. “Similar to developing a winning football team, it takes time, consistency and a commitment to excellence to create a top-notch beer. Brewed right here BC, we’ve developed a crisp, clean, natural beer with no additives or preservatives for BC’s sports enthusiasts. It is great-tasting and easy to drink – a BC beer that fans could proudly get behind?.

12-pack cans of BC Lions Lager will be available at a recommended price of $19.34/12-pack through government and private liquor stores throughout the province of BC.

“We are proud to partner with Russell Brewing to launch the BC Lions Lager? says George Chayka, vice president, business for the BC Lions. “This initiative is an example of the kind of marketing program we had in mind when we decided to partner with BC-based Russell Brewing as the Official Beer of the BC Lions. While Russell is committed to producing high-quality, natural beer and servicing their customers at the highest level, they are also helping us extend the BC Lions brand, reaching our fans throughout the province in unique and impactful ways.?

For more information on BC Lions Lager please visit www.beerofchampions.com.

Wonder if it will taste as bad as the Leos are playing this year.

Sorry couldn't help myself.

I'm hoping it will taste more like the Lions of the last 7 years than the ones of this season, even though it is still fairly early and yes, 4-4 is a nightmarish collapse for spoiled Lions fans who have had it so good for so long.

Send a few dozen out to a depanneur my way. Whatever the taste, I'd gladly buy it to support a CFL club ... even if it is the Lions! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

The website does not show up for me. Hopefully not indicative of what's to come for Lions fans when watching their team this weekend :wink:

Seriously though, great idea, even if it tastes awful if they sell it in stadium it should sell well. If the Riders can sell Pilsner at their games, how much worse could BC Lions beer be? :wink:

They already have the deal to supply all the 'on tap' beer at Lions games. It's probably the worst beer I've ever tasted. Some of thier specialty beers aren't bad, like the honey brown ale, but the swill they have on tap at BC Place is horrific.

Pilsner is Stella Artois compared to Russell.

I'll probably have to buy a case, just to support the idea. It would be dire emergency beer though, like if there was an earthquake and all the beer in Vancouver fell into a crevice.

I imagine the first couple of sips will be great, then it will go flat.....

I bet it smells like ammonia :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll have to stop by Bevmo and see if they can import a case or two for me.

RLR, I am all for more beer options for CFL fans. Look forward to trying it on our next trip to Vancouver. Cheers.

[url=http://www.bclions.com/article/russell-brewing-launches-lions-lager]http://www.bclions.com/article/russell- ... ions-lager[/url]

Beer of Champions my ass! Who named it? Somebody who hasn't watched a CFL game all year obviously...

Everyone has different Beer tastes, I for one think that Russell Cream Ale is one of my all time favourites and I'm looking forward to trying one of these BC Lions Lager. Great idea and with Reebok signing on a long term deal, the CFL can only go forward from here!

Russell Cream Ale is good.

The only problem with a Lions Beer, is that if they offer it up at BC Place they will run out by the end of the 2nd quarter.

Granted, all the REAL football fans won't care, because they don't drink beer at games. They don't even get their ass out of their seat until the game is over.

Me, I pay for the whole seat, but I only use the edge...

Real fans go early to the game to get the beer :wink:

Ouch, I know what you mean! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's awesome. Congratulations Lions and Lion's fans!

I presume this will be a light beer, to be served when warm and flat?

Two words. Tail. Gate. :slight_smile:

I Don't drink beer but I think it would be kewl if every Team had thier own team beer! then change every season to match the uniform! If they win the cup put it on the can! oh and put the team shedule on the can too! oh and don't forget the 24pack team cooler for an extra few bucks! or a free Tshirt during the CFL season! Have a picture of the team coach on the can so you can crush it when your team beats them!LOL all the Wally haters would love this can! oops am I getting ahead of myself here? but a great excuse for drinking beer! "um I'm just supporting my team here! it's not about the beer" anyway maybe the start of something big here?

I Don't drink beer but I think it would be kewl if every Team had thier own team beer! then change every season to match the uniform! If they win the cup put it on the can! oh and put the team shedule on the can too! oh and don't forget the 24pack team cooler for an extra few bucks! or a free Tshirt during the CFL season! Have a picture of the team coach on the can so you can crush it when your team beats them!LOL all the Wally haters would love this can! oops am I getting ahead of myself here? but a great excuse for drinking beer! "um I'm just supporting my team here! it's not about the beer" anyway maybe the start of something big here?