BC Lions 2024 Season

Lions have the most visually appealing dance team in the league!
Just like Chris O’Leary, I like what I see :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Wish I could afford to come to the party but it sounds like a hotel room for one night would be my monthly pension.

1 Like

yeah, watching the game supports the CFL so you’re doing your part.

1 Like
2 Likes

Excellent article.

He has managed to do more to get the Lions back to relevance in a short time than Brailey did in his ownership.

Hopefully he sticks with it in the long term but it’s good to see the Lions starting to do well.

1 Like

Doman has the advantage of being local and has used it for sure.

1 Like

The players seem to have been inspired by these changes. They probably wanted them. I guess they didn’t like Brailey.
It will be interesting to see the Lions’ continued progress. Do you think they can expect to win trophies?

Hello, everyone.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum, Zac Sr.

The players were probably inspired in some ways in my opinion. Having local ownership jazzed up Lions’ fans and the players would have fed off of that energy. However, there are other things that happened as well.

1. Michael Reilly had a fairly large contract. Not having to spend that amount of money freed up room on the salary cap to help boost other areas of the team.

2. Having Nathan Rourke step in as a local BC kid. He grew up in Ontario but was born in Victoria and that was rightfully played up.

3. The offensive line improved slightly. This can happen the longer guys play together.

There are probably other things that happened but I will let the BC Lions expert and historian @mahalcflers answer that question more thoroughly if he wishes to do so.

I do believe this current edition can win trophies and they’ll put their best foot forward to topple the Blue Bombers. We’ll see what happens on the field though and I look forward to witnessing it unfold whether it’s good, bad or ugly.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Oh I don’t know if I am an expert on the Lions per say but it’s noticable in how the Lions are perceived now than back then when Brailey owned the franchise.

2 Likes

You’ve been a season ticket holder for many years so in my eyes that qualifies you as expert. Plus your great service as a Canadian Football referee gives you a unique perspective.

1 Like

Appreciate that coming from yourself.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you.
I would say the first and third points are the most important.
If guys have gotten a pay raise, they have been inspired, I know from myself :slight_smile:
And the experience spent together has an impact too.

1 Like

His left looks like an excuse. Players change teams, it’s normal, it’s sport. Why talk about a losing culture?

1 Like

What does that mean???

1 Like

Dawson left ‘losing culture’ - I read that in the title of the article.
I think he was looking for an excuse to leave. He could have just left, no one would have condemned him. Why talk about ‘losing culture’?

1 Like