BC-Hamilton Who will Win ..?

As I have said more than a few times, the Cats will go as far as their QBing will take them. As we saw last week, Porter is going to have his bad days as well as his OK days. Every once in a while, he will have his very good days. That's par for the course for a young QB playing in a new league.

The Cat's are going to have to be careful how they handle this situation. Whether or not he's getting pressure because he can't find his receivers, or poor protection, he has taken a lot of punishment, and if it continues like this he is really going to get hurt or get discouraged.

There is no shame in bringing in Glenn....Quinton wasn't moving the ball, and frankly at times looked lost out there. He needed to get composed and to have Kevin come in would not have been a bad thing. Quinton just couldn't see his receivers so he panicked and ran the ball umpteen times.

I know that Porter is the future....we all know that. Glenn is on the downward slope of his career to be sure, but Quinton has to be eased into the starting lineup gradually.

Look at it this way, if the Cats are going to throw Porter into the deep end of the pool this season, in essence you are asking a "almost rookie" to perform with very few tools to help him....the Oline is still suspect (at least at centre and guards), and the Cat's receiving corps is probably the weakest in the league. He can't throw passes to himself.

Let him start, give him a quarter or two....but if he struggles like last week, or gets that "deer in the headlights" look...time to yank him.

BC by 13

For once I agree.

One step at a time

1. be ahead after the first quarter or down only 3 points

2. match their scoring to within 7 points in the first half

3. not be down more than two scores late in the 4th quarter

if we do that it will be a moral victory win or lose

Moral Victorys are worthless in the standings ... We need 2 Points Ron ..
Friday would good time as any to earn them

Sorry to say - BC by more then 17, hope I'm wrong!

I wanna say this is going to be a tight one -- but the first 6 or 8 minutes of this game are going to be the decider. If Pierce gets on a roll and they pick our D apart early -- like last week -- forget it...blowout time.

But, if we get some rythm, some pressure on Peirce, I think we'll be right in this one. Then we just need Porter and Rodriguez to show us a bit of that Montreal-game-form.

[quote="als4ever"

The Cat's are going to have to be careful how they handle this situation. Whether or not he's getting pressure because he can't find his receivers, or poor protection, he has taken a lot of punishment, and if it continues like this he is really going to get hurt or get discouraged.

Look at it this way, if the Cats are going to throw Porter into the deep end of the pool this season, in essence you are asking a "almost rookie" to perform with very few tools to help him....the Oline is still suspect (at least at centre and guards), and the Cat's receiving corps is probably the weakest in the league. He can't throw passes to himself.

8) And what better way to get Porter discouraged and frustrated than sending a few snaps several feet over his head !!!!! :roll:

[quote author="Tipper"][quote="als4ever"

8) And what better way to get Porter discouraged and frustrated than sending a few snaps several feet over his head !!!!! :roll:

[/quote]
Thats why you have a 6'5 QB!!!!!

8) The fact that he is 6.5'' sure didn't help him last game.
   Hage must have snapped two or three of them at least 8 ft high and over his head  !!!      <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

You can bet Hage has been told over and over about snapping the ball over a 6' 5" QB :oops: . We'll see how he does in BC.

I think that "we" Ti-Cat fans....might just be in for a great game, on Friday night.
With the changes to Defence this week, I think the Lion's my have a tough time, running the ball.
Blitz...Blitz...Blitz...will throw Mr. Buck....off his game, I look for a few " picks " from our Defence.

The Offence....Porter and Company, has to get the ball-off...alot quicker than last week, against the Argo's. ( If this does not happen ), I don't see Porter staying in for the whole game. ( As it will burn-out the O-Line, by the end of the first half.) Hage...has to get the ball snapped, ( correctly ), not all over the place.

This game should be a slug-feast....with the team that makes the least amount of mistakes, coming out on top. ( I think we will see alot of them...from both teams.)

A nail-bitter....the Cats, win by 5 points. :thup:

Cheers.

I'll be watching the game on TV. I was thinking of going out to the game. (last game I went there for we got blown out)

Ticats will win :rockin:

Final Score. Ticats 34 - 24 Lions TD's by P-Rod, Bauman, Cobb & Davies and 2 Field Goals by Setta

OH...would that ever be nice! :thup:

Ticats 32

Lions 18

Our defence will create a lot of turnovers in this game resulting in a lot of unexpected points.

I want to say that the Cats will win but I see it 34-14 for the Lions.

I hope that I am wrong.

I saw some good things last week but there was no consistency.

I am very very very concerned still with the dline. Adams has 1 year of experience and the other 3 guys has 2 games combined. I read in the paper that the ends are real speedsters and I would like to see this tomorrow nite.

I see us getting ran over all nite.

I think we will truly see what this team is made of when we play Winnipeg next Saturday.

Grant will scores three TDs. Dream on I just hope BC doesn't humiliate us to badly 38-17 BC. :cry: I'm not sure Marcel knows what hes doing.

Lions should win, IMHO. However, I have a funny feeling that DeAndra' Cobb is going to have a great debut tomorrow night. If he doesn't get taken out of the gameplan early, it could be a fun game, regardless.

I just want to see some ingenuity in all phases, some turnovers created by the D, and hard-nosed football. Time to be consistently competitive. The wins will take care of themselves if the team can start hard from the opening bell and the coaches get with it.

Oski Wee Wee,

hamilton will win Friday night in BC when we pull Porter in the third and Glenn hits two long throws to Prechae for TD’S then everone will want him to start the next game against Winnipeg. Ticats 32 BC 23 :rockin:

Russ:
There could also be a couple of sleepers in tonight's game. At practice on Tuesday, Davis and James were getting the ball a lot in addition to Cobb who really looks good. Stala looked great too and so did Otis Floyd who is very quick.
I realize it's easier to look good in practice than in a game but sooner or later all this talent has to come together.
Maybe we are in for a "fun game" tonight as you mentioned.