BC Ferries

Just wondering if anyone has any information if the Lions have set anything up with BC Ferries to place extra late sailings back to Nanaimo on game nights like they did last year. I've got Season Tickets... and was hoping to beable to make it back same night most of the time (with few exceptions where I already plan to stay the night).

DjFIL

ask on lionbackers.com. There are a few guys there who are on the island and they are often talking about it.

thanks for your post, i found details on their forum. here's it for anyone else who's curious. i'm slightly disapointed it's only for 4 of 10 games, and unfortunate for me 3 of those i'm planning to stay the night in vancouver anyway (since i'm going to them with friends from vancouver).

From the Vancouver Sun (Thursday): The B.C. Lions announced Wednesday that BC Ferries is again offering late-night sailings from Tsawassen to Vancouver Island following several Lions home games during the 2008 season.

BC Ferries will have late-night sailings departing Tsawassen for Swartz Bay at 11:30 p.m. after the Lions' home opener on Friday, July 4, and at the same time on Friday, Oct. 10. Late sailings to Duke Point will take place on Saturday, Sept. 13 and Saturday, Sept. 27.

"BC Ferries has demonstrated once again that they're big fans of the Lions and we appreciate their support," Lions president and CEO Bob Ackles said in a statement.

Reservations for the special sailings are not limited to Lions ticket holders, so fans are encouraged to book early at http://www.bcferries.com.

Remember, don't eat the Ferry food! Very Bad!

I read that in the paper last week too.

what's up with the ferry food? please tell me the buffet is safe!

Do you ever see the crew up on the deck with nets? They are catching Seagulls for the "Chicken strips".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously. The buffet on the Victoria run is decent. But the cafateria is awful, greasy and cold. Bleeeech! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

The only thing that really bothers me about the ferry food, other than the prices, is the menu. The fact that it is white spot means same food, every single trip all yr long. They should just be their own cafeteria and provide variable menus from day to day, or week to week, ferry to ferry, etc.

It Says White Spot, but White spot would NEVER serve anything that bad! All BC ferries has done is bought Triple O sauce and added it to their burgers.

If I was a White Spot Shareholder, I'd pull the deal away from BC ferries.

Sigh I sure miss the Harbour Lynx service out of Nanaimo.
So I assume the onyl way to do a Lions game and catch the ferry is to drive over eh? Not many bus routes out that way is there?