BC Canadian QB gamble

Looks like BC is going all in with Canadian QBs. Not seeing any O-line signings though.

The O-line can be fine with a RB that can find the holes to run thru. It's not all on the big men up front. Same with pass protection. Roarke's pass completion percentage may below 60% this coming season, but his timing on throwing will keep him vertical, and his O-line healthier, and ready to attack on running plays.

1 Like

Good luck to both Canadian QBs.

Still need a veteran to mentor them.

4 Likes

Are they thinking Harper is that veteran? I'm a bit surprised by this signing.

Surprising is right. Isaac Harker is unproven in the CFL. Can't be considered 'the veteran'. Hopefully, He is not there to replace the one of the Canadian QBs

I don't think Harker is slotted in to replace either of the National QBs. I would guess that none of the three is slotted in as definite starter (though Rourke is probably the favourite at this point). They're hoping that during training camp competition at least one of the three young QBs can step up and prove himself starter material.

They've both sat behind veterans, O'Connor (TOR, CAL) and Rourke (Reilly). The need for a veteran is over, they're in their second and third years.

What if he shows the best out of the three in training camp?

His Mom will be proud but he is not getting the job.

Third string depth and a camp arm with potential.

I'm always rooting for Canadian QBs. Not sure they get a fair chance

1 Like

I see BC has signed Pipkin, who was recently released by the Argos. He gives them a bit more experience at QB.

I missed it earlier, but Harker was released before camp.

1 Like

I'm hoping that Pipkin's not ready by Week 1 to serve as the number two guy behind O'Connor. CFL history can still be made. Fingers crossed.

I knew they were looking to sign another QB.

Look for Pipkin to be the starter.

1 Like

Third stringer reportedly broke an arm against Calgary. Pipkin would have history with Maksymic.

Good move on BC's part.

1 Like

Antonio Pipkin as the 'starter'? Doesn't O'Connor have more upside? If I was a BC fan I'd be way less excited to see Pipkin lining up behind centre.

1 Like

What happened to Rourke? I thought the starter's job was his to lose.

I'm still predicitng Rourke as starter, with both O'Connor and Pipkin dressed for games. Pipkin likely does the short-yardage runs and maybe gets in a few snaps here and there after the runs. If Rourke is hurt, O'Connor starts and Pipkin continues as short-yardage guy and reliever if O'Connor falters.

1 Like

Of course... there's still HOPE for our great Canadian dream! Two Canuck QB's on the same roster at the same time! Unless such an occurrance would result in the two of them cancelling each other out... releasing the energy equivalent of ten thousand Hiroshima bombs altering life on this planet as we know it. Maybe we'll all become mutants with awesome powers. Make mine the ability to drink many beers without consequence.

I guess we'll find out sooner or later. It could be fun. :smiley: :+1:

I would consider that a safe prediction since BC brought in but declined to sign Trevor Harris in the off-season because they did not want anybody who would be competition for Nathan Rourke.

People do understand that Rourke is still the starter right? They played backups and third stringers against the Stamps, why would the starter play with the backups. O'Connor will be number two.

1 Like

Please don't think we're idiots. I think we're all stunned that TWO Canadian QB's are taking the field together on the same team... and that the American QB is the third stringer.